What are your summer flowers blooming?

The second looks like a blackberry lily. =) very pretty. My tiger lily opened yesterday as well.

1 Like

This is the 1st flowering plant I grow successfully.

14 Likes

Congrats!
Rose Mallow? Mine is in ground. It is a perennial. Mine blooms in early August.

Beautiful!

This is a good question. I don’t know if the type as I lose the tag. But it survived mild 6b winter last year in ground for my friend.

Beautiful

Flying Crane Lotus

6 Likes

Hebe of unknown variety

Leonitis

Blue Pimpernel and Scarlet Pimpernel

Pansies, wallflower and tricolor sage

Picasso cannas and wallflower

Goldflame honeysuckle

Brugmansia

Cannas, crocosmia, and red fountain grass

Coleus and pansies

Fuchsias

Agapanthus

Perennial morning glory

13 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

Lovely summer wildness

13 Likes

My lantana and rose of Sharon are exploding!

6 Likes

Not flowers but my Wisconsin weeping willow and Babylonian willow have quadrupled I’m size in the last 8 weeks.

5 Likes

Parade of Peacocks, spider daylily. I dunno about this one, it’s a bit much…

10 Likes

If it were a seedling of my own then I’d like it. The flower is presented as smaller than it actually with all the downward curling. Otherwise, very pretty. Pretty common looking but my gene pool here doesn’t carry any blue-in-color, genes. Nothing ultra fancy to breed into/with. I do however have a good deal going with ‘Snickelfritz’. White is always good cause everything else isn’t white! lol

Snickelfritz is actually white and yellow, I suppose. I can’t believe I don’t have a photo except this one which I don’t believe is accurate, at all.

Dax

8 Likes

Tough finding a true white. When you sent me the seeds I had to look up Schnickel Fritz. Nice clematis. Mine is blooming now too. There’s actually two in this spot, one blooms earlier. I can’t remember either’s variety name. This later one has huge blooms, the size of my open hand.

5 Likes

The parent name is written first for seed. So Snickel Fritz (x) would imply that Snickel Fritz is the seed gathering source. Andy were any of the seed packets labeled so Snickel Fritz was the first name on the packet?

I had close to 10-year old seeds when my refrigerator died just a while ago. In haste, I threw them all away. I threw away all my daylily seeds at the same time. I really regret it!!

Dax

Nope, other way around, according to the label I wrote for it. Maho Mite is first.

Thanks, Andy.

Dax

Your bee balm looks much happier than mine! I think mine may be getting a little too much sun.