What are your summer flowers blooming?

Hibiscus looking nice.

2 Likes

My Lantana are blooming more but not nearly up to their potential.

3 Likes

Nice looking.

1 Like

Cool, looks just like how my indoor spider plant makes “babies.”

2 Likes

I know, it’s crazy!

Jasmine opening a few more flowers. Not sure how many more it will have in it for the season. This could be about it.

Spider has decided to take up residence.

1 Like

Here’s a response from a previous owner of a daylliy farm:

Yes, it’s called a proliferation. Aside from dividing a plant, it’s the only way to get the same daylily. You can cut the stem, below the joined part and get more root in water. I would guess you can also root it in soil, after using some rooting hormone. I have successfully rooted many proliferation’s. Depending on how many roots you have, you can probably just plant it.

3 Likes

Do you know the difference of J Sambac Grand Duke of Tuscany vs GD of Tuscany Supreme? One is bigger and has green tint vs the smaller one.

I’m not sure if the bigger flower one should be called “Supreme”. Even nurseries get mixed up with the names.

Bloomed last night with incredible fragrance

8 Likes

Annie,
Those flowers brought back my good old days.

Here are Datura, aka Devil’s Trumpet, not to be confused with Brugmansia, Angel’s Trumpet. Both are beautiful and deadly.

7 Likes

Dahlias planted in spring

10 Likes

Clematis Comtesse de Bouchaud

7 Likes

Night bloomimg serius

Clematis multi pink

5 Likes

Tippy, very nice flowers. I used to grow both. I love their fragrance blooms in the evening. Devil’s trumpet is more hardy than angel’s Trump but Angel’s Trump blooms more spectacular and more color choices.

1 Like

Yes, epiphyllum oxypetalum. Has very nice fragrance, can’t miss it when it is in blooming

2 Likes

My Solidago odora seedlings are starting to bloom. It took quite a while from the first signs of yellow to fully open

6 Likes

More awsome Clematis… The Queen of the Vines! :star_struck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gQjkpRmnXI&ab_channel=ThorncroftClematis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ0WJcRlVLs&ab_channel=ThorncroftClematis

4 Likes

10 Likes

Surprise :face_with_monocle: your Surprise Lily is blooming :robot::nerd_face:

1 Like