What did you eat today - that you grew?

My wife just requested… more loganberries please… she likes to eat logans and blueberries together. Very good mix…

18 Likes

Had my first sweet treat plueberry, very nice, also ate a lot of vine ripe nectarines. I still have one more tree.

1 Like

Green bell pepper, blueberries, Guthrie plum.

1 Like

Do you have a picture of the Guthrie plum?

I had to pull my Idared this spring. It had a severe case of fireblight several years ago and never recovered. What rootstock does your Ida have?

@fieldsofgreen

@Auburn … looks delicious. Does it taste like a Green Gage? I am in Montana and do not have any experience with Guthrie.

I’m not Mike but I have my Ida Red on EMLA 7. It’s been in the ground since 2011.

1 Like

Have you had fireblight in your orchard? I’m looking for a fb resistant rootstock?

Sorry but I can’t help with that comparison. I’ve never tasted Green Gage. Guthrie is a Chickasaw plum so I thinking the taste would be different from most Japanese or European varieties.

1 Like

Me and my buddy enjoying some fresh strawberries before breakfast. I’m convinced everything tastes better picked early morning.

10 Likes

Strawberries, arctic raspberries, tayberries and loganberries. Fresh, for breakfast.

(this pic from a previous picking)

7 Likes

Been getting all the strawberries we can use at this point so putting some into the freezer for winter. Going to turn this batch with the rhubarb into another crisp. Also getting two meals of asparagus per week.

7 Likes

my arctics are flowering heavily this spring after a application of fish emulsion. i hope i finally get some fruit.

3 Likes

I had some Red Atomic nectarines and Shiro plums today, fresh off the tree, here is a picture that I picked early in the morning, the red plum is Sweet treat plueberry.

7 Likes

Got a half gallon (2.3lbs) of Saskatoon berries at our local Costco. No, they don’t sell them there but were planted as ornamentals around the parking lot! Another benefit of being a member I guess. Looking forward to making a nice pie tomorrow to treat our kids with.

18 Likes

the glorious harvest.

11 Likes

Garlic scapes.

1 Like

I am not for sure, I bought these from Stark Bros.

I can’t wait for garlic scapes!