What did you eat today - that you grew?

Mustard Spinach or spinach mustard, whatever, free seeds from Rareseeds. Im pulling all the plants out after this harvest, the soil is really wet so it’s very easy to do that. I have no more greens in my fridge but it’s too wet to go shopping.

4 Likes

Rosemary and Thyme!

2 Likes

Parsley and lemon juice from my garden. Shrimp Scampi a bit of pasta was delicious.

1 Like

Opened another pint of herritage red raspberries… so nice to have these over winter.

Also ate a pint of deer bbq this week.

5 Likes

Enough lettuce greens for 4 salads tonight… my daughter cooked a pork loin in the crock pot today. We had HR raspberries on our salads.

I have a nice row of spinach coming up jn my hot bed now between lettuce rows… and another row of grand rapids lettuce planted… that has not come up yet.

4 Likes

I love this picture . . . raspberries - through glass. Beautiful.

2 Likes

I can’t believe how many lemons you got! . . . Love the little bouquet, too!

2 Likes

ThankYou, I still have 2 trees with fruit. I’m going to give some to my daughter and my art teacher.

Still have bunch of Asian pear in refrigerator, mostly KG. Dripping Honey without any wrapping, skin became wrinkled but is still crispy inside.

10 Likes

I haven’t seen mine so wrinkled but i have some nice looking ones in the fridge now. Held well in a bag. I have to use them soon.

1 Like

Spring salad, green onions, Batavian escarole, nice full head, some arugula leaves, I need to pull those soon, they are bolting, watercress, I moved some after this harvest but I still have a lot more, and then some snap peas.

3 Likes

No pics but fall planted radishes, squash (from october), and root cellary. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We are supposed to get 26F tonight… i covered my little greens bed for the night and have the Christmas lights on… should be more like 40 in there tonight.

Got some spinach to germinate in between my lettuce rows… but another row of grand rapids lettuce seed has refused to germinate.

I like a mix of leaf lettuce and baby spinach greens in a salad… will be glad when they are harvest size.

5 Likes

got some radish, beets, carrots and green onions growing under leds in 7’ x 7’ grow tent. the light in there must be more concentrated than daylight as they are squat and very dark green except the beets which are a deep purple. outside grown they are green. got them on 12hr on at night 12 off during the day. keeps them warmer at night in there.

4 Likes

Cranberry, pecan, short bread cookies, I used some of my Meiwa kumquats, I don’t have orange peels at the moment. The cookies are very tasty and the house smells wonderful.

5 Likes

For my wife’s homemade pasta i made a sauce from my dried heirloom tomatoes and basil that i minced and froze in olive oil. I added two of my own Italian sausages.

16 Likes

Now that’s amore! Makes me want to sing in Italian!

1 Like

At least play some Dean Martin.

3 Likes

I have chicken with fresh tomato sauce and olives today with my garden salad.
But I picked these lemons today for my art teacher, Lisbon and Eureka.

8 Likes

Plum applesauce my wife made with methley plums and enterprise apples. The plums were just froze while, then cooked in a crockpot, picked out seeds, added chunked up apples, which were stored in the fridge. Blended with emersion blender. Delicious.

7 Likes