What fruits did you eat today?

i love apricots. hopefully of all my adirondack gold blooms, some set fruit.

1 Like

Sukari tamr dates stuffed with Walnuts, a traditional Arabian connoisseur’s delight. One of the best deserts to eat with a cup of coffee, tea or milk. Failed to measure the brix of the dates syrup, as it was above 55%…

16 Likes

I like them with almonds. Inexplicably, my kids thumb a nose at dates, Iv’e considered disowning them once or twice over it. I also get irrationally mad at the Veep episode where they made fun of them ‘dates apparently are a dessert’.

4 Likes

Apricots !

Wow, that got my mouth watering

1 Like

You can stuff Medjool dates with walnuts too. Aldi carries good Medjools. I prefer Sukari a little more, and these you can find in middle eastern groceries.

2 Likes

Plums! I thought it was Howard’s Miracle when I grafted it but it is clingstone and too heart shaped. It has great flavor.

6 Likes

wonderful! i like stuffing medjool dates with cream cheese. a wonderful dessert!
I have never heard of Sukari dates :pleading_face:
I’ll have to see if i can find some!

1 Like

They look like Beauty Plums.bb

1 Like

A quick picking of strawberries this afternoon. The whites are the variety home depot sold last year. They aren’t as good as the reds (imo), but something different. Good year…almost no rot. Weather has been perfect. Have no idea what variety of red i grow. No more flowers so i think we are finishing up.

9 Likes

That’s a luxury! This year I had some hazelnuts around so I figured why not to try and now it has become my norm. When dates are a bit dry, I stuff them a little piece of unsalted butter and a couple hazelnuts. That’s right there many hundred calories :smiley:

3 Likes

Just got my first harvest of Cot-N-Candy White Aprium - happy grower here. Also finishing off the Stella cherries, and Desert Dawn nectarines. Also ate a few Montmorency sour cherries. The avalanche of Santa Rosa plums is a few days off.

8 Likes

My first ripe blackberry of 2020, PrimeArk Freedom

Been eating a few Juneberries this week. Pretty good flavor this year, but small!

10 Likes

What fruit did I eat today? Not strawberries, I have a chipmunk problem :pouting_cat:

First apricot harvest! So sweet!

14 Likes

New puppy likes nectarines!

22 Likes

Bought a whopper of a jackfruit today - smelling awfully good but needs a couple more days.
Boy they’re a pain to process, but worth it

3 Likes

Apricots, thanks to @Stan. The larger one is Moorpark and the smaller one is from an Anyacot seedling. The latter was sweeter at 21 brix, very nice to eat and reminded me of Anyacots I tasted at Andys. Moorpark however was uniquely flavorful and aromatic with a complex taste at 16 brix. The best apricot I’ve tasted.

14 Likes

Rainier cherries. 23-27 Brix. Some of the best I have tasted.

Pitting cherries with a my cherry pitter

5 Likes

I ate a couple red, but not quite ripe bird-pecked Juliet cherries today. They have a nice tart cherry flavor and are quite sticky which suggests they might certainly live up to the high Brix claims on them.

Handsome plant these cherries. Only thing in my yard that doesn’t seem to be struggling under some major micronutrient deficiency.

Here are the ones the robins are planning on pecking tomorrow morning. :rofl:

12 Likes