What's going in your garden in 2019?

supposedly have a nutty flavor. can be roasted and mashed like potatoes. they can be as big as a baseball, attached in long strings i just put them in last aug. so hopefully get to try them in early fall. oikios has a good description of their history and how to grow them.

Iā€™ve got sunchokes going in this spring! Husbandsā€™ restaurant has chopped them thin and fried them, makes a good chip!

Oikos differentiates their varieties by saying that some have a ā€œpineyā€ flavor and some donā€™t, which i find interesting.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad to hear they are tasty regardlessā€¦ I did get mine here thoughā€¦http://www.yumheart.com/

Iā€™ll admit they were on Amazon and I just bought on a whim. Although they have showed up and are nice size and appear to be in good shape. Going in the ground Fridayā€¦ :+1::+1: I bought the Stampedeā€¦

Nice, they have Comfrey bocking #4. I think I may have to purchase some.

1 Like

Hahaā€¦I went there and ended up buying YACON as wellā€¦Itā€™s truly a sicknessā€¦A wonderful, beautiful sicknessā€¦ :joy: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just ordered Comfrey bocking #4.

1 Like

Oh no, not another place to buy plants from! :laughing: Iā€™m getting valerian. Tried to grow it from seed and failed last year, time to get the real deal.

2 Likes

They are similar to potatoes but not as good. I grew them years ago. They spread like crazy after a few years and produced large number of tubers. We tried many different recipes but got so sick of eating them we removed them. The more we ate them the less we liked them.

I hope it doesnā€™t work that way for me. Iā€™m diabetic and the idea of the INULIN is a great alternative for meā€¦Iā€™m a gonna try them ā€¦:laughing:

1 Like