Wildlife in our gardens

I think it is a dynatrap (off of amazon). It is EXTREMELY Effective. After 4 or so days of running it every night, I can turn the outside lights on again, and not have a horde of moths and june bugs!

3 Likes

the window overlooking my yard has my .22 mag leaning near it. i slide the top window down and it makes a perfect shooting bench. :wink: i havenā€™t seen any squirrels since feb. but i have been watching.

2 Likes

I got 2 red squirrels with .22 magnums in the pistol today.

4 Likes

I feel like if I put my tube trap out during the day I might have some luckā€¦tried last night but the squirrels never came back out and they usually do close to sunsetā€¦

good shots sir! not easy targets with a pistol!

1 Like

I am wondering if anyone know what kind birds they are?

1 Like

Looks like pelicans to me

3 Likes

Right onšŸ‘

2 Likes

Spider on my new apple leaves.

6 Likes

She/he is a beauty

1 Like

Havenā€™t tried to research what kind yet. Never see that one.

Lookslike some kind of crab spider

2 Likes

We were surprised when we saw this on the trail cam, a real bobby dazzler!

12 Likes

Kitty!

3 Likes

I Watched a Swallowtail Butterfly visit most of my citrus trees (around 50) yesterday, laying a single egg almost every time she landed. I followed around behind her, removing most of her eggs. I donā€™t mind a few Orangedogs, but most of my trees are young and donā€™t need to be defoliated. I will keep an eye out for moving bird poop. Lol

TFN

3 Likes

Iā€™m so proud of my Brittany Spaniel- he has learned to sniff-out, dig up, and dispatch moles with great enthusiasm. While he makes a small mess digging test holes into their tunnels to see which way they are running, Iā€™m very happy to trade those small holes for the countless mole hills I have in my orchard. He has dug out 4 so far this year. Its my favorite ā€œgiftā€ he brings me since they are so destructive to my yard and orchard area. Good Dog!!!

mole

19 Likes

thats funny! i had a female brittney about 10 yrs ago. she had a knack of catching squirrels. she would point them then slowly sneak up on them. man that dog could move fast! she would even some times run halfway up the tree!

4 Likes

My yard would be full of holes. I have bumper crop of moles. I hope itā€™s not because of JBā€™s. I havenā€™t had any for three years since I put grubex down heavily. I wasnā€™t sure that stuff would work but it has, or the beatles left for some other reasons.

1 Like

my local skunk family digs up JB grubs for me. i used to trap and relocate them but noticed a lot more root damage on my lawn. now the skunks control them for me.

4 Likes

I knew they had to be good for something! I let them wonder in the pasture. Very rarely do they come up in the yard.