Are these bug eggs?

I saw these rows of tan color “things” on my bird netting that I put up around my peach tree. When I rubbed/crushed them with my fingers, I felt like I crushed something and there was stickiness on my fingers.

Are they some kind of insect eggs? Sorry, that pics are not very clear. I could not zoom in any further. I don’t have a magnifying glass.

Please help.

1 Like

Hi there! I’m going to answer just because nobody else has -yes, they are bug eggs, almost certainly. Good or bad I can’t say- but I’ll say that it’s worth knowing before you proceed because they could be good or bad.

Mark,
Thanks. I tried to check bug guide but could not get anywhere.

I happened upon this site and thought it might have useful pictures for you -almost all they way to the bottom is a picture that looked like it might be like yours:

And this page looked like it might be useful:

https://www.google.com/search?q=insect+egg+images&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjF-u6nwJnWAhVTzGMKHWxGDx0Q7AkIQg&biw=1570&bih=913

Good luck, and be sure to report back.

1 Like

General consensus on Web image search of “insect eggs on netting” is that they are moth eggs.

1 Like

Thanks, Gene. I am not fond of moths. The moths in my yard are mostly destructive.

I took pictures of moths laying similar eggs on my nets at night, but the pictures were fuzzy due to bad lighting. I think they are a type of cutworm. If you go outside right now you might see some. Here is the blurry pic:

2 Likes

AJ,
Thanks for sharing the pic. I went out this morning. More eggs are on the net!!! There are two colors, tannish and whitish.

Like I said, moths in my yard are mostly enemies.

1 Like