Best place to buy surround

Plan on trying it this year and there is a big spread in price . Where has every one bought theirs from and how far does it go.

1 Like

I’m looking to buy surround too. Below is the best I’ve found so far.

1 Like

I got mine from Peaceful Valley/groworganic.com last year cause they were cheapest with shipping. I suppose it depends on how many trees you have to spray factors into the how far it goes equation. I use 3 c./gallon which is close to 0.5 lb.

1 Like

This is cheaper per lbs. but that would last me a lifetime since I only got couple of trees.
Does any body know if surround expires?

It is just clay, so if you keep it dry it should last forever.

I got my 25 pounds of surround from seven springs. I’m new to using it and my needs are small compared to yours so basically my input won’t help.

I think the issue is more about shipping costs than product price. But I could be wrong.

2 Likes

How many trees do you expect 25 pounds to cover?

2 Likes

Long answer-
I have one standard pear tree that the limbs have been pulled down to a manageable level. This tree will need the entire tree sprayed for one to three months. I also have about five dwarf apple and pear trees that will need the same or similar spraying with surround. The other twenty apple and pear trees have a few buds/blooms here and there and I will spray the limbs (have not bloomed yet) they are on only. At this point I have done only a small sample spray. My next spraying will still not include all my trees so I actually think it will be about 3-4 weeks or longer before I do a full spraying. At that time I think a rough estimate can be calculated.
Short answer-
I don’t know
Wishful thinking answer-
3-4 years

1 Like

Bought today a 25-pound bag of Surround for $32.50 (including tax) at a local Crop Production Services store. It’s a better deal than anything I could find online.

Lucky you for finding it local!

I signed up for the email specials at Peaceful Valley (aka groworganic.com) and I got a 20 percent off email within a day or so. Using that, I paid a total of $46 for a 25-lb bag shipped across country to my house. I was pleased with that price.

Crop Production Services have stores all over the country: http://www.cpsagu.com/find-location, so I recommend people check them out. They are oriented towards commercial farmers, but did sell me a single bag of Surround. Actually, I didn’t know about this company until somebody mentioned them on this forum, I checked them online and found a store 20 miles from my house.

2 Likes

…and now I know there’s one 25 miles from my house! Thanks for posting that. I’ll know next time.