Black Friday Garden or Orchard deals?

Are there any Black Friday sales where we can get deals on garden or orchard plants or supplies?

1 Like

I have not placed my orders from groworganic.com and rareseeds.com for this very reason. I was kicking myself when Jackson & Perkins sent me 20% off after my order shipped. I had a 10% off grow organic coupon that expired 11/18. I am holding out hoping for a black Friday deal.

2 Likes

Keystone Pest Solutions is running a Black Friday sale (11/24-27) on their inventory of chemicals. 10% off. I am going to order some Kocide 3000 from them during the sale.

4 Likes

Pinetree Garden Seeds has a black friday sale (starting now). Use code BFCM17 and get 15% off.

3 Likes

Thanks, I just checked out their site. Very nice collection of veggie seeds. Lots of tomato and greens, and beans to pick from, among everything else. I might have to give them a closer look. Prices are very reasonable as well.

Have you (or anyone else) bought from them, and if so, were they good seeds?

As soon as I see those nice pics of all those veggies, I already am thinking about what to try next year.

1 Like

Hi dood. If youā€™re talking about Pinetree, yes I order from them most years. Seeds are good almost all the time, and the rare exception they have been more than happy to give me a refund/credit.

2 Likes

Yes, I was. I might have to try them out. As far as 'materā€™s go, I think I need to rein it in next year. Weā€™re trying to concentrate on varieties that produce well for us, and bring down the size of our plots, so we can protect them better from deer.

I think no more than 30 plants total should suffice if they produce well. Maybe 3 of each variety.

I am interested in all those beans they sell. Plus, they sell Honey Select corn, which is now our favorite variety, very tasty and sweet.

How did myour gardens do this year? Didnā€™t you say yā€™all have to deal with those infernal pocket gophers, and how they destroy your crops from below ground?

1 Like

It was a low key (and low yield) year for the most part. That late May snow and 18F killed the fruit on 75% of the trees. Got a few apples and that was it. Garden took a hit too, no green beans to speak of, and the onions and garlics and most other stuff were smaller than usual. But we still are eating from the harvest, so not a total loss. As always, hoping next year will be better.

Gophers seem to be in check. I am pretty ruthless about controlling them now, putting out lots of ā€œgopher foodā€. A few potatoes and beets had chew marks but like 1%. Unlike some years where the gophers have to taste every potato to try and find one they likeā€¦

Still doing garden/orchard cleanup here. Hoping the winds are calm enough today that I can try spraying the fruit tree trunks with white paint. Guess Iā€™ll seeā€¦

2 Likes

Hi see below I believe it is 10% off or free shipping at Growers Solution

BLACK FRIDAY - ONLINE ONLY - WEEKEND SPECIAL!

Friday November 24th - Sunday November 26th

10% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER AT GROWERSSOLUTION.COM!

Use Coupon Code 10PERCENT

1 Like

Amazon has $5 off any $20 book purchase. Any orchard books youā€™ve been holding off on?

Use code giftbook17

2 Likes

Iā€™m kicking myself I just bought 3 books that cost over $50 each!

Clark,

Can you buy the discount books and return the others.

Tony

1 Like

Free shipping on any order at A.M Leonard,until Monday,11/27.Use code 11F17PW
Brady

1 Like

Itā€™s ok Tony Iā€™m ok with the price on the books.

Back Friday Sale- Isonā€™s Nursery & Vineyards- Free shipping on orders over $75. use coupon code TYFREE

2 Likes

Peaceful Valley Farm Supply, Inc. www.groworganic.com

20% off $250
10% off Under $1000 and 5% off over $1000

Code THANKS17

3 Likes

Note that the discount doesnā€™t apply to ā€˜seasonalā€™ items. Which seems to include all their trees.

2 Likes

Seems so. But it does apply to the surround and the other items.

1 Like

Yep I was excited to see 20% then sad the fruit trees arenā€™t included.

1 Like

Isons Sale on Monday: use code CYBER20 to get $20 off $100 purchase.

1 Like