Blueberry protector now on duty!

Picked up a Air Crow a few months back and just hooked it up for the 1st time in the blueberries patch since the blueberries are starting to ripen up. So far, so good, I was concerned about the noise but it’s not bad, just a low sounding hum and the crow really flops around alot. I expect it will do a pretty good job at keeping the birds away.

14 Likes

Please follow up on how it works out. I am getting tired of dragging the netting on my blueberries. They are about ready to cover now.

1 Like

OMG I want that! I laughed so hard when I saw it. Still laughing. Want it as my computer wall paper, ROFLMAO

2 Likes

We need the followup on this great idea.

The air crow seemed to do well protecting my 30 blueberry bushes. I had running on a timer from about sunrise to noon each day and had very little crop loss from birds. Next year I will give it a try around my apple trees.

3 Likes

Love the idea! Where did you get it, cost?

Good to hear it worked. A very novel idea.

What varieties of bloobs did well for you? Are they all southern highbush and or rabbiteyes?

Got the Air Crow from Amazon, I used one of those online trackers that notifies you when the price drops and seems like I paid around $125.

Dood, I gave up on southern highbush types. I have 10 or so rabbiteye varieties. Myself and family prefer the types with large berries. Titan, Brightwell, and Premier are probably my top 3, they all very productive with nice size berries.

I find these to superior to some older types like Climax, etc.

1 Like