Buds Flowers and Fruit - 2024 Edition

9 Likes

Luis,
Can your present pictures be shown in about two months?That way,I’ll have caught up and feel better. :laughing:

4 Likes

Ok… :grin:

2 Likes

Lone Fantasia Nectarine wedge grafted on contender peach. Got fried by a late frost last year while the contender peaches gave me multiple 5 gallon buckets full.

6 Likes

Supersweet Nectarine at 40%. Notice the vertical vigorous branches are behind the twiggy horizontal buds.

Spring Satin at 75%

Snacktime and honey halo at 50%

9 Likes

My pear is flowering. The Almond flowered and now all done. The peaches or necterines are blooming. The apple finally show a sign of life. The oranges will bloom in a week. The mulberries just waking up.

My Asian pear flowers

7 Likes

Blue ribbon is the last of my red leaf plums (hollywood, hoops red leaf cherry, rolling river red) to bloom, but not by much.

11 Likes

Rich May & Red Haven peaches just starting to popcorn in zone 6B

8 Likes

Necta Zee and Arctic Babe decided to join in on the fun.

6 Likes

Here in Arlington, VA (7B), Hannah’s Gift and Indigo Crisp blueberries are about a week ahead of my other varieties.

Ilona apricot is ahead of Tomcot on this twin trunk apricot.

Peaches that are growing at my community garden are already blooming so it is nice to see my Contender going a little slower.

And the pears and sour cherries are breaking bud as well.

9 Likes

Ozark premier and spring satin in full bloom this morning.

6 Likes

Zone 6a NE Ohio. Iowa Hardy apricot has a few buds at popcorn stage, seems to regularly be my earliest bloomer and not very hardy. Hybrid plums are at green tip, maybe tight cluster. Euro plums, apples, pears, grapes still seem fairly dormant. Cherries are at side green, peaches are swollen. Other apricots not at popcorn but showing some color. I’d say everything seems at least 3 weeks early, maybe more.

2 Likes

Small branch of Arctic Star nectarine I grafted last year.

Weeping Santa Rosa plum. Best bloom coverage since I planted it. Hope we don’t have a death summer like last and it puts out more weeping branches.

Last year it barely put on any new wood.

9 Likes

Cornelian cherry near my house is blooming

10 Likes

Just a few peach blossoms open here in Northeast Tennessee so far. Buds swelling on blueberries, tiny bit of green visible on a few apple trees.

10 Likes

Marianna 2624 at 30%

A small graft of Adara just starting to swell
Catherine Bunnel at about 70%
Black Ice is not as late as I was hoping it would be.
Paradise, a chickasaw select cultivar at about 50%

9 Likes

Very dense blossoms!

Nothing yet, but it’s so close!

2 Likes

First flower buds on the peach trees. Very exciting. This one is Redhaven.

6 Likes

Getting close! This is Indian Free peach, a new graft added in the fall:

The greenhouse avocados are also getting close to flowering. Here’s Jade:

And Duke:

7 Likes