General Location Map of growingfruit.org members

We made it to about 40 up here . Still lots of snow on the ground but some did melt. They are forecasting a big snowstorm that for now is supposed to go just north of you and just south of me .But the National Weather Service is wrong more than right so one of us will probably get hit by it ! I did see that someone was tapping maple trees in Gladwin!

They are forecasting 6 - 10" of snow starting Wednesday afternoon through Thursday. This morning they said 1 to 3" but it’s been upgraded so it must be coming more south.

1 Like

Yah just seen they have issued a winter storm watch for your area on the TV !

Neat idea. First Canadian on the map! I can’t be the only one though. Curious how growing is going for the poor guy in the North Atlantic?

1 Like

Wow. We have big clusters of members on the eastern seaboard!

1 Like

Wish you could move and join us!

Finally made it. I am all alone here in my area. :frowning: What a bummer!

1 Like

Thanks MrsG for the invite. I love to but it takes more than just “move”. Actually it would be very cool to stroll down the street after dinner to visit fellow member’s garden on a warm summer evening. There would be talks of garden subjects like veggie, fruit trees, disease controls, chemical spray regiments, etc.

And trading scions would be a breeze…

The cabin fever is almost over, MrsG!

Tom

1 Like

Just wanted to bump the thread to the top and make sure some of the new members see it. There are currently 86 member locations shown on the map with a very interesting distribution.

I think we are pushing 20 nurseries as well. Can you think of any other features or locations that could be helpful to keep track of. I was thinking about U-Pick style orchards or scions swaps. What do you think?

2 Likes

I think listing orchards (that sell their own produce onsite) is a good idea.

1 Like

This is a amazing map. I put my mark right on top of my house. You can see me in the driveway looking up and waving! (No not really).

2 Likes

I can set that up Matt. That would go hand in hand with a U-Pick orchard.

1 Like

You can see me in my pool in an inner tube. That was when my back was so bad I was dangling my legs putting it in traction.

1 Like

wow…no one else in Florida??

Anybody with my address can see me on my front lawn. I was there when the Google truck was driving by for their street view pictures. What are of the odds of that?

Wow, you should have bought a power ball ticket!

The manager at work today showed me a street view picture of him outside in his cul-de-sac,but his truck was missing from the driveway and he’s not sure why.He is driving it presently. Brady

BUMP this

I’ve not looked at the map in a while. It’s filled in nicely. Somewhat surprised at the lack of people in the central to southern Rocky Mountains. No one has checked in from New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, or Wyoming. I would think that fruit growing conditions would be quite good in a large portion of that area.

I only discovered this map today. I tried to put in my location, but it keeps calling me Point 99, even after I tried to edit it. For some reason, the older posts don’t come up, unless I hit search. It would be nice to see the zones with each post, also. I look at this site nearly daily, but still haven’t mastered how to use it. Have learned a lot from this site. Thanks.

3 Likes