Grafted pear

This is one of the ohxf 87, about five feet tall now

2 Likes

They really grew fast! Nice looking fence! The cows are not going to walk in your orchard and eat their fill!

1 Like

No they are not, cows can do a lot of damage quickly depending on what you are growing.

1 Like

So here is a branch of Bartlett that I put on this old pear tree back in the spring of '15. Do you suppose this could be a fruit spur

4 Likes

It looks like a fruit bud though it won’t likely produce this year.

1 Like

Thanks Clark

1 Like

Derby,
Once in awhile the first year they flower they produce fruit. Some spurs are definitely going to produce fruit such as this one I posted in another topic. Next year that Bartlett will spur up more and you should get a bunch of pears!

4 Likes

I saw that photo in that thread and noticed the difference in the two spurs that you no doubt picked out immediately. The Spurs on your tree while still short show some knobby growth while spur on my tree is much younger looking. Thanks for the details and photo, maybe next year it will bloom and the weather will cooperate.

1 Like

These Shinko Asian pears are ready to be Harvested.

Tony

Pai Li AKA Beijing White Asian pears are getting close to harvest also.

4 Likes

Beautiful Tony!

1 Like

Tony,
Have you picked the red blushing Bartlett yet?

1 Like

Not just yet. They are still rock hard.

Tony

2 Likes

Are they changing color yet?

1 Like

Clark,

Here they are still hard.

Tony

5 Likes

Here are some Bartlett Euro pear, Pai Li is the round one & Yali is the smaller pyriform one Asian pear for breakfast.

Tony

9 Likes

Those look great Tony!

2 Likes

Those look perfect. Am just waiting for Mark, to tell me when my Seckel and Flemish Beauty pears will be ready to pick! Those look so sweet!

2 Likes

Those look as good as any pears I’ve seen.

2 Likes

Here is a photo of the Lanti jujuli grafted on my franken pear. Looks like spurs forming to me

3 Likes

It is spurring up if not this year than the next I think you will get some pears.

2 Likes