It's Finally Raining in California!

As of 10:45am; already smokin hot, and dry.

1 Like

Look at that low humidity!! Your Fall fruit must be ripening up fast like mine!

1 Like

Yep. The Apple’s have all but turned dark red. The latest humidity has dropped to 21%! The banana’s are looking pretty thirsty about now lol

1 Like

We had 1% humidity a couple of days in West Texas in the last big drought. 20% humidity and dew points below zero not unusual in winter. I love the low dew points. It makes my cooling system very effective.

3 Likes

You mean like this lol?

1 Like

That’s perfect fruit weather. Wind only 2.7 mph, 93F, and a dew point of 38F. I’d take that every day for 8 months straight. Then 4 months of cool rainy weather. Oh wait that’s CA…close…in spots.

1 Like

Lol, pretty much.

1 Like

The weather models are predicting the first storm of the season for Southern California for the end of the month.

2 Likes

Looks like first measurable rain since May for Nor Cal on the horizon too!

1 Like

Yes, it’s coming your way! :slight_smile:

But it seems down here we’re going to stay high and dry. :frowning:

I just checked the weather models right now, and it appears that SoCal might enter into a wet period after the end of the month.

2 Likes

And we’ll take every drop. I remember when you guys got that rainfall last month and I was certainly envious :dash::umbrella: :slight_smile:

1 Like

8 Likes

For Vista, CA. But notice the difference in actual vs. predicted pressure.

2 Likes

I just came back from the Eureka area where they got about 6 inches while I was enjoying a soggy vacation. Meanwhile it is as dry as toast in NY. I didn’t get much info about rain totals out of the redwood rainforest, but decent rain must have gotten down as far as SF as it was showing green on the hills all the way to SF.

Although this is a week out, I’m really liking this early season pattern. Lets hope it continues. 4 years of extreme drought gets tiring.

2 Likes

Looks like SoCal is entering a wet pattern:

By the way, we just got a pretty good soaking today in NY. Maybe an inch.

Ulises … your image didn’t load. :cry:

The actual pressure has remained high vs. the predicted, and thus so has the heat.

1 Like

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/610day/