Mango "Timotayo"

Except for the bumper crop.

No that was the summer before last- bumper crop and they were full sized Manilas. Last summer was the barren summer. Plus no growth at all last year. I just watched the foliage age before my eyes.
More for me to learn…

That followed the Fall that the roots weren’t resupplied with nutrients.

Could be. But after the year of the no growth- in the fall we had a very mild one and it had flushed and had some blooms…only for it all to be killed by a Jan.2 33f. Shows how tender that growth was since another Mango in town looks perfect. Mine was about 13’ give or take…now sprouting a foot lower. Still has a nice 6" diameter trunk some fissured bark.
I will toss some ferts on it very soon.

Consider adding Sul-Po-Mag + A. nodosum seaweed extract in the late summer.

If your Mango is blooming in winter then it is receiving too much Phosphate.

See Richard I just threw some fert once on it all last year. We had a mild winter except for that one 33f all other temps were no colder than 35f and maybe five times in the whole season we were in the 30’s for a low. ,Many mid 60’s in the day…very unusual for the bay area.

I will look for the seaweed Somebody I know swear its done wonders for his exotic plants.

Phosphate can remain in the soil for for long periods of time. In fact, it is known for tying up other nutrients.

1 Like

It’s put on another 2’ since April, mostly in the last month.

4 Likes

Today after pruning.

4 Likes