Mass Aggie Seminar 2017

For those who live in MA or nearby states, UMass has a new fruit orchard seminar for home orchardists.

Please google Mass Aggie Seminar 2017 and see if any of the seminars interest you.

@SMC_zone6, I will be in the neighborhood of your orchard for the apple pruning seminar.

2 Likes

Is that the March 4th date? I’ll try to go too.

Yes. I drag my hubby with me, too. He has better memory :grin:. See you then.

1 Like

Thank you for posting this, Mamuang, it’s very helpful to know about.

You are welcome. Will you attend any?
Maybe, @galinas, @Johnthecook and @HollyGates would be interested.

Thank you!

I’m going to take a closer look at what they’re offering and when. Being a full-time personal assistant for a four-year-old, scheduling can be a little tricky, but it’s definitely helpful to know about this new program, so thank you again for posting it!

No I was just interested in pruning Apple trees and went last year. Have fun! I enjoyed the orchard I went to very much.

Thanks for the info mamuang. Sounds like a fun time, I’ll see if I can arrange my schedule to take advantage of one of them.

I hope it will be worth my time because I’ve postponed my dental appt for it :smile:

I am going to the pruning one at a Dowse Orchards in Sherborn.

I’ll be interested in your opinion. Jon Clemons did last years and I was put off a little because the first thing he said was something along the lines of were gonna do this quicker than was advertised because it’s such a nice day and would hate to use up the day doing this. I was a little disappointed by his attitude. He didn’t seem to want to be there. He did do a good talk and then went out to the orchard to prune. Its for someone who hasn’t done much pruning. I tried to ask him questions about Tall Spindle Apple trees and he wanted nothing to do with my basic questions. I still enjoyed the program though.

John,
Now, you told me. I signed my husband up, too. If John Clement is not much good, I would hear no end of it :grin:

You’ll get something out of it I’m sure. He has a dry personality and he was just staying on topic with basic pruning and I was asking him off topic questions about Tall Spindle. He is the main Apple guy that has pushed Tall Spindle Apple trees on the orchards in Massachusetts so I thought he’d be open to answering a quick question. I was wrong ha!