Nadia Sweet cherry x plum hybrid

Mine has short stems and the fruit are more round, more cherry shape. Those are two different fruits.

I wonder who’s right?

I don’t think the weather will make that big of a change. It’s different fruit.

2 Likes

So strange, their leaves look the same to me.

1 Like

I have 2 Nadia trees bought in 2 different nurseries both of their fruits stems are long. And the one bought from Raintree, they chopped the top off, I didn’t like it and gave it to my cousin that’s why I don’t know. Which is the same with yours.
I wonder where Brady have his Nadia.

1 Like

You completely right, because Brady Nadia grows in the green house mine are not.

1 Like

If there are 2 different fruits that’s meant the fruits you tasted so far might not Nadia. Just a regular J plum.

1 Like

It better taste like cherry…

2 Likes

Hi Vincent,

The stems on your fruit are much longer. It will be interesting to see how the fruit develops. Was the tree mislabeled? Does the nursery have more “Nadia” trees with fruit on them? Are the stems long or short? Just some things to consider.

3 Likes

Last month I stopped by they still have some Nadia but new trees have no fruit.

1 Like

One of my Nadia tags said from Dave Wilson Nursery.

1 Like

That’s an interesting find about the stem length.Rob(warmxrules),posted this link earlier and the fruit appear to have the longer ones. Brady

This seems to be an official picture of Nadia: http://www.goodfruit.com/is-it-a-giant-cherry/ It shows short stems.

But there is another picture included in post 11 above that shows a long stem.

There is another picture showing the two parents and Nadia with a very short stem: pictures Nadia cherry plum - - Image Search Results

That is strange. They, to my knowledge, do not grow or distribute Nadia plums.

2 Likes

Looking at google images almost every picture shows it with a long stem except one, and thats the one with it next to the parent fruits. Do yours look like this?

Here is one again with it shorter.

1 Like

Mine resemble the bottom photo left dark fruit. Those are very different.

1 Like

They look totally different. This is interesting. How can this be. I did see one more picture with short stems, but they must be different fruits. I don’t think they could be the same and look different. Yours looks more like the one in the second picture right? I think they have to varieties called Nadia that are being sold.

1 Like

The sharp with long stem looks like mine Nadia fruits now.

2 Likes

I wonder if they taste different? I wonder which tree I have now. I think someone screwed up in the beginning with releasing two different trees as one, and now they are dispersed around everywhere.

1 Like

The pictures could be of another cherry plum. Journalist often don’t care they just need a good picture.

But we do need to know what’s going on. @Vincent_8B and I have different fruits. His in post 1557 and mine aren’t the same fruit. I got mine from

I got mine from Raintree in Febr 2015. Where did others get there Nadia?

The top picture is not Nadia. It’s alcedo’s myrobalan plum seedling.

1 Like

My tree came from a local nursery and I’m fairly certain,was grown in Mt.Vernon,WA.If that can be located,maybe they can be of some help. Brady

1 Like