Off-Topic Discussion - Natto

Am I allowed to post off topic?

I need some advice on Natto making.

I believe I need a HEPA filtered Laminar Flow Hood to make proper Natto–I’ve tried to make it many times (from spore), and failed most or all of those attempts (ie, it had the characteristics of Natto, and tasted of Natto, yes, but also tasted of unknown microbial life).

Which (relatively economical) laminar flow hood would be ideal?

2 Likes

You could move your topic to the lounge. That’s where we discuss off topic subjects.

There was recent talk in the lounge about Natto. Actually I see that’s in general fruit growing.

Natto, Vitamin K2, Fungicide, Serenade, Peaches - General Fruit Growing - Growing Fruit

2 Likes

Wow, I’m loving this forum! Perfect! Just read a warning, here, about TyTy this morning–now this! :blush:

1 Like

I don’t see where the Lounge is. I only see gardening related options in the drop down menu.

1 Like

You need to be a member for a little while, read a certain number of topics, etc, to gain access to the lounge and the trading post.

2 Likes

I moved it for you.

Try the search function. It works pretty well to find prior discussion of things like Natto.

1 Like

I don’t think the OP has access to the lounge yet, so they might not be able to see this thread anymore.

1 Like

I should know that. I’ll move it back so OP can see it.

1 Like

I moved it to general fruit growing. That should work.

Sorry for the confusion. Let me know if that doesn’t work.

1 Like

Thanks!

So does anyone have any advice on using a HEPA filtration Flow Hood for making Natto?

So, again, would anyone have any advice on making Natto–and, in particular using a laminar flow hood?

Natto is the richest food source of Vitamin K2 (tooth and bone health–also, moves calcium out of soft tissues (eg, calcium plaques)), and has Nattokinase (dissolves blood clots and makes the blood silky, increasing perfusion), and PQQ (mitochondrial health).

Dr. Lin’s information about Vitamin K2 for dental health.

Dr Steven Lin – 2 Dec 17

Use Vitamin k2 to Remineralize Your Teeth

Vitamin K2 can remineralize your teeth and activate their immune system. Vitamin K2 can also prevent tooth decay naturally.

I had a chip on the edge of one of my front teeth that my tongue could get caught on, but, after a short time of eating Natto, my tongue no longer sticks. Also, the front tooth had a hairline split, and the two pieces would sometimes move independently (I could hear and feel it), and I would avoid biting down on anything hard with it, but I accidentally bit down on a hard piece of “cookie dough” in ice cream (it was a low carb ice cream–forgive me–and the cookie dough was made of some kind of protein abomination, so it was hard), and the tooth did not have the normal pain it would, and it did not have that splitting sensation. It is hardening back up. Also, according to the article, the K2 enables the tooth to create more protective dentin layers, which I’m grateful for since I have had a developing cavity. We’ll see what happens with that.