Primetime plum

Primetime is one of my favorite plums, this plum was discovered in fresno-california by Eric Wuhl

I think this plum can not be bought in the United States … or trees are sold? (at least I have not seen it for sale) in Spain if sold to like her mother showtime another big red plum

its size is simply stunning, bearing fruits of more than 250 grams and also it has a great taste like flavor king or better (its patent says it gives fruits of 198 grams of large, but I get more than 250 grams or 8,82 ounces).

this is his patent and some information:
https://www.google.com/patents/USPP9022

a comparison of weight with some plums ripening on similar dates:

kelsey:

eldorado(Patent says eldorado and primetime are very similar, but not really look anything):

flavor king pluot(This year its fruit is slightly smaller that the tree has had a great production):

primetime plum:

now a visual comparison of the 4 varieties:

now we compare with other fruits plum primetime (golden apple and peach flat sweet cap:

as we can see my primetime plum is bigger than my golden delicious apple, weighs 20 grams more:

and its interior liken to flavor king:

and bone, will be very great? compared to a bone flavor king:

2 plums have the same size bone(Although primetime almost 8 times larger):

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I always thought these huge plums are prone to brown rot but seems like everyone will be looking for Primetime now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, I wonder how many plums on a branch and how sturdy/strong/resistant the branches of the tree are!

1 Like

I want that!! Wow!

1 Like

Are you calling the fruit below the Caption quoted Flavor King?

Flavor King doesn’t have that beak on the tip and it’s certainly not that color when ripe.

I’ve had FK to 200 grams when properly thinned

1 Like

I’ve seen monster plums for sale in the grocery store. Best bet would be to grow out the seed.

I was thinking the exact same thing. My Flavor King plums are VERY deep purple with a pronounced frost covering. And pretty deeply colored flesh as well. I let all my fruit stay, so they are no overly large, but certainly large enough. Your photo looks more like my Flavor Finale pluots. I posted a picture in the Yellow Crush thread: Yellow Crush Plum x Apricot Hybrid is actually Flavor Queen Pluot - #33 by hoosierquilt

Flavor Finale has a more pronounced beak, and has a greenish cast, as your fruit does. Not quite ripe for me, yet. Maybe 2 more weeks or so.

But thank you for sharing about Primetime plum. I’ve never seen or heard of it here in California, despite being developed here in my state.
Patty S.

these plums am 100% sure that you are flavor king.

the tree in Spain buy as pluot “unknown variety” and did not really know well that choice was.

later once flavor king lost the patent I received cuttings flavor king of 3 friends and the 4 produce the same fruit trees and on the same dates as me … happened to other people who bought the pluot without knowing variety and while grafted flavor king

that fruit is still unripe flavor king , I would say that this 60% (you can see even green areas on your skin)

within 20 days the fruit is ripe by 80%, then the result will be more round, a little bigger, your skin will gradually passing from pink to dark red and amber flesh is passing the red

in early September the fruit is ripe to 100% (my land has 1 month late compared to California) and this will be the appearance of my pluot when ripe

In short, you should not compare my pluot with mature pluots … remember as were their pluots one month before maturity (I only Picked those pluots the tree to see the state of maturation and at the same time to take some photos)

this is the flavor king of patty …my fruits within 25 days will be exactly the same as those of patty

in this photo it looks like my pluots are round, blunt, is also seen as lenticels (freckles or white spots on the skin) as they appear and already has the pruina (frost described by patty)

1 Like

250 grams in a fruit is not too heavy for a branch whenever we remove previously some fruits, papayas, mangoes, oranges, apples, persimmons or pear trees bear much weight, for example one of my pear trees gives pears 800 grams and have an apple of PEPINIERES Delbard in france that gives fruits of 800 grams (I think I read that alcedo also has this variety).

This is a mecolocoton babygold 6 (its origin is also American), its fruits are enormous excess J.H hale (about 500 grams or more), two months ago a branch of the tree was broken as you can see in the picture.

this photo is taken this morning, I have shored up the branch with props used in the field of construction, so avoid new cracks at this time that peaches are close to mature and still have to grow much more (that tree has 5 different varieties grafted, why it is only a branch with fruit, and picked up the other varieties).

This is an opposite case, this is an almond, logically fruit weighs just a few grams, but has a large amount of fruits, a lot of weight, so I had to hold your trunk or the tree could fall with the help of air

Today I searched among the fruits of my flavor king and found a fruit that was more mature.
2 fruits of the center of the photo are flavor king in a different state of maturity

the flesh of the fruit is also 2 different even veniendo 2 of the same tree, the less ripe fruit has yellow flesh and the more mature amber color that gradually reddish staining on anger (red)

This is a new tree, a new young king flavor (it has only 2 years and 4 fruits), but its fruits are just like the rest of my flavor king so it is logical to think that all the trees are the same variety ( is almost impossible to get 2 trees in 2 different continents and 2 fool with the same variety, it is logical to think that in both cases you sent the correct variety)

1 Like

I wish I had something like that, but I did not.