Strange weather - Will it get our blooms and fruit?

Yeah…this won’t last long with any March sun…

Iowa and MN cashed in
http://www.weather.gov/source/crh/snowmap.html?sid=mpx

We are bracing for a Nor’ Easter tomorrow. Where I am it is supposed to be 12-20", the highest amount of this winter.

1 Like

Mamuang,

I hope you guys get the lowest accumulation of this snow storm.

Tony

This is the most recent run (it’s not even completely out yet)

Thru the next 78hrs… 10:1…depends on snow ratios…10:1 is pretty heavy stuff…

We are in central MA, right where the # 15.4 is. In the thick of it. I am going to stay home tomorrow.

Eh…just move to Nantucket… all good there…don’t even need to own a shovel?

Ha, ha, so darn expensive. I don’t make the same salary Bill Billichick does.

1 Like

NWS just upgraded the lake snow to a warning

The primary event was negligible here and already melting, but this is supposed to be an unusually heavy lake event

Yup…i guess its bad. They had to close some roads. I know a guy who lives in the area. It was a whiteout earlier. Conditions are pretty much perfect for this right now…winds/moisture/temps…

MN south of I94 mainly. We only got an inch or two here in central/border of west central MN.

Yeah.,.it looks like the MSP area didn’t get a whole lot…which seems to be the trend this winter.

1 Like

Looking at these low temps for the southeast… I’m not sure there will be much of a peach crop this year…

We are not getting ton’s of snow, but it’s cold, and looks to stay a few days, then i think spring will arrive. March truly comes in like a lion and exists like a lamb.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like it) We are right in the middle of heavy snow forecast, so even if it shifts, we still will be under! But snow is better then bitter cold.

Expecting 20 degree temps in Virginia Tuesday and Wednesday. Where are you located? I am in Zone 7 (7A) also,

Just north of Richmond on the border between Henrico and Hanover County.

The temperature seems to drop fairly quickly going west of here to the mountains or north into DC. We’re projected to have 0 snow that sticks to the ground.

Freezing line looks to maybe make the Florida/GA line… Are your trees not blooming?

Spring in Wisconsin…just need a 12 pack

9 Likes

@Mickster, if you can get some sort of heat source (like a light) under the tarp, it could definitely help. With no heat source, I’m not sure you’d see much difference (unless you can seal it against the ground maybe?). What blueberry varieties do you have? None of mine are blooming yet but there are some buds that are close (with buds at varying stages). I’m not sure how they’ll fair but it’s possible some will survive the cold (especially if we are a little warmer than currently predicted). They are also in a protected area on the south side of the house so hopefully that will add a little protection as well.

Zone 7b NY metro. Coming 20F cold spell and 20 inches of snow. Everything retreat back to unheated garage. I am relatively new to the fruit growing. Not completely giving up yet, just finish another round of hand pollination. Will I get some pluots? FK and FS are having good bloom. I can only hope.

1 Like