What is going on today 2017?

Too funny! I should have thought of that.

2 Likes

100% agree. I recently brought a birthday celebration at work to an end by starting a conversation like this. Everyone chose going back to their desks over hearing about my orchard.

But congrats, @Olpea! You’re clearly doing something right.

5 Likes

Mark,

You should feel blessed because you still got the touch!!

Tony

3 Likes

Lol Tony. That’s what’s so bizarre. I’m over my prime, and no Tom Selleck for sure. But like I said, who wouldn’t feel flattered over such an encounter? It’s been a long long time since anything like that has happened. My wife and I have been married so long, we are really more of an extension of one another than anything else, so a bold come on is something I’ve completely forgotten.

My wife almost looks to me like she did when she was 20. Especially so tonight. :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

You’re sure it wasn’t that fat wad of hundreds that you laid up on the bar to pay for those tacos?

They banned smoking up here about 10 years ago at the bars. It sucks because back when we use to hit the bars hard (college years) you could hardly breath the smoke was so thick…

2 Likes

Haha. No one ever hits on me. 20 years ago they did but not anymore. But you should feel flattered.

As for tree talk, I don’t have anyone that I can talk to about trees. I don’t even bring it up to people any more because nobody seems to care at all. It usually ends up killing the conversation. Maybe that’s why I spend so much time on this forum. Haha

18 Likes

How very true!

2 Likes

Some severe storms rolling thru SE Ks and SW Mo, tornado warning near Chanute, Ks. So, buckle up folks, especially @Derby42!

2 Likes

That’s a great story. What I want to know is did you tell your wife about it or not? haha If so, I bet she’s polishing up that ring of yours to make sure its more noticeable in the future! :slight_smile:

Yes, it is flattering. When I was 40 (I’m 60 now) I took some classes at the local community college, and a very pretty woman hit on me, and knew I was married, she was not concerned about that. Whoa! I figure she was mentally ill! :smiley:
My friend’s wives are all big flirts. We are city folk too, and wild. It’s been a few years, but not that long ago that we all end up in the river at night, after a few drinks. An old island tradition and nobody is dressed. So even though married I have seen plenty a pretty woman with nothing on. If I had to do it over I would not change a thing! :astonished:

Actually I feel blessed to have such friends as we are like brothers and sisters we are so close, we love each other and often say it. We have each others backs, I can depend on them. That does not happen often in life. Not to mention how much fun they are.

I remember a few years ago when my dear friend Vinny passed, he was only 47, but he should have died at 15 from Thalassemia. His twin sister died at 15. He had to have a blood transfusion every three weeks, all of his life. He was an islander his family was not, they disowned him too. His family did bury him, and was shocked to see over 300 people from the island come to his funeral, they had no idea this man had so many friends. We all shunned his family, we just paid our respects and left. Vinny taught me to seize the day. Knowing that day could be any for him, and that day did come, I miss him a lot. I still seize every single day and smell the roses. Thanks Vinny! Every cottage had somebody there, besides my very close friends the rest of the islanders are strong believer’s in community, it has been a pleasure to grow up in such a place, I’m am a very blessed person.

3 Likes

Haha! Mark-- Is it hot in here? Or did you just post your first edition of Peach Farmer Confessionals?

Yowza!

6 Likes

Just some high winds and nickel sized hail at 1 am this morning. I don’t mind that as long as the tornadoes keep away

I did. She didn’t find it as amusing as I did. She’s sick and doesn’t feel very good :worried:

Derby, we had an 80% chance of rain/thunderstorms here last night, but as far as I can tell we didn’t get a drop. I sprayed Prowl yesterday because of the supposed imminent rain (it has to be watered in within 5 days, or it breaks down). With the way the sunny forecast looks, I’m going to have to do it all over again. Bummer.

I never told my wife, I didn’t do anything wrong, neither did you. I mentioned my extended island family, and we got bad news today and my wife is off to the hospital to offer support, and her knowledge. My best friend’s daughter 37, got pneumonia and went south, now on a vent. I just found out 20 minutes ago. I offered to watch the child if they need a break. Yeah even at 37 a child as far as I’m concerned. This kid has had bad breaks after bad breaks. Life is so unfair to some. She had a seizure disorder where she was having mini seizures every few minutes when she was a child. it was misdiagnosed, and the continual seizures led to her becoming mentally challenged. She was having seizures constantly and was unable to learn when young. It could have all been prevented had a proper diagnosis been made. Now she can’t tell a nickel from a quarter. Five years ago she was raped, the mental trauma was so severe, she became schizophrenic. Now she’s lying in a hospital at 37 on a ventilator. My best friends have had it tough with this daughter, whom I’m super good friends with too. The prognosis should be good, I’ll know more once my wife gets there.

Oh No problem :). Like I said everyone assumes its a Cardinal. Ha! In fact I believe they played at Morehead last year. I wasn’t able to go down for that game.

1 Like

We got 4 tenths of an inch but it was blowing sideways so that may not be that accurate.

Tornado hit last nite near Ottawa IL, killed one person

Even though I’m in my 40’s I have a very juvenile sense of humor. If I can’t feel young physically I guess I can try to feel young mentally. I work with a lot of 20 something year old guys and I get along with them great but one guy in particular gives me grief if he hears me mention my trees and calls me a tree #$!@. It doesn’t bother me at all though as I have plenty of stuff to call him in rebuttal. We both take it in stride.

1 Like

Just got off the phone with Mrs Dood, she said the county schools cancelled classes today because of some really heavy rains overnight. She said there’s about 2.5" of rain in the rain gauge, but it has finally stopped.

She said our gravel driveway is showing some erosion, since we’re on top of the hill, our driveway gets abused by heavy rains, even tho we have drainage ditches. Prob will have to have another load of gravel dropped on the driveway soon, it’s aggravating.

I also talked with my aunt down in SE OK, they had a strong storm roll thru last night, lawn furniture, grills, etc, strewn out from the winds. Also tweaked their carport a bit, so pretty bad stuff. We just had some high winds here last night, but no storms. Only 50 now, but sunny skies.