What is your absolute favorite fruit?

Fortunately for him you don’t need to spray much of anything in California.

Have you tried the Honey Halo nectarine from Burchell? Any opinions on it?

No I haven’t. Was set up once to try some of their stuff. But their rep disappeared when it came time to send the trees.

Hi. Just a quick question. I just moved to CA so I am still learning about gardening here. What types of sprays were being referred to and why don’t I have to spray in CA? THanks

Typically because of lack of rain and humidity during the growing season disease and pest pressure are low. You will get things like Peach Leaf Curl, Citrus Leaf Miner, I got shot hole on my plum/plouts. I never sprayed for any of these things and always got excellent fruit. Some people will spray for them.

I did remove my two pears because they always got fire blight and I had cankers on my peach trees but again the fruit was excellent year after year.

Asian Persimmon, Feijoa will never have to be sprayed. Almost no one sprays figs or pomegranates either. Guava and passionfruit were bombproof too .

California is getting ACP so I don’t know how long citrus will be in good shape there better plant some now from appropriate sources.