What's happening today 2016?

Sorry about your rain, I wish you could send it our way! It is hot as creases here and humid. Miserable, either way I guess!

I picked this cantaloupe up today from a road side stand. It is a giant

2 Likes

Yeah, I wish we could send it the people who could use it. When the sun does come out it’s going to miserable!!!
Not looking forward to it at all.

Coolth! Bring it on!

We have been watching the floods up here on the news. I hope all are OK, it looks terrifying.

It’s a bit crazy for sure , but as usual everyone has banded together to help one another. It looks like only four lives were lost , of course even losing one life is bad but it could have been a lot worse.

We seem to be able to find a little humor in whatever happens.

11 Likes

I was glad to see you posting to let us know you’re okay. I’m sure others are like me, and also become concerned every time there is a severe weather event or wildfire in areas where we know other members live.

The complications from floods are both immediate and long lasting. The recovery period is lengthy, with extensive irrecoverable personal loss and damage to infrastructure. The complications persist long after even the local news stations lose interest in the story.

It is a great relief to hear that you are well and on ‘high’ ground. I didn’t realize just how fortunate we were to live atop our hill during the floods here last fall. It was only afterwards that I learned that over 300 homes in the surrounding subdivisions had flooded.

2 Likes

Not sure how long it lasts…but a few days next weekend of very low humidity and cool nights (probably low/mid 50Fs here) and days in the low/mid 70Fs (cooler north).

1 Like

I sure don’t like the look of that dark blob out west

Hard to say…Canada looks loaded with cool air. The NAEFS long range shows pretty much avg to below avg the last week of August. Me likes!

Glad to here your safe. As luck has it my Mom decided to make an unexpected trip to visit us this past week ( she lives in Baton Rouge) and has been with us ever since. We don’t know what the condition of her house will be but She is safe with us in Dallas and that all that matters. Yep I’ll bet every one is pitching in to help down there like always. Best most resilient people I’ve ever been around for sure. Proud to be from there for sure.

1 Like

Do Y’all have someone who can check on her house in a few days after the water starts to go down? If not I can go ride over to see & take pictures for you if it comes down to it. But she may have a neighbor she can call .
Today on WAFB 9 news there was a large group of men with their trucks & boats that went to Baton Rouge to help with the rescue . They were raising hell because they couldn’t get any coordination from the state police. (Go figure)
They were on tv calling themselves “The Cajun Navy” lol
One thing about a bunch of Coonasses, they will ban together in a time of need!

3 Likes

Thanks Muddy, and yes the clean up & recovery will be be lengthy! Where I live is 17 feet above sea level, rural, with a lot of drainage area. That doesn’t seem like a lot but considering New Orleans is 9 foot below sea level and relies on huge pumps to keep them dry ,it’s a lot.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thank you sooo much for the offer Sir but yes I was finally able to get through to a friend of mine who is gong to check on it for us this evening. I really hate that I can’t be down there to be going through this with y’all and help out. I really mean that. Let us know if we can help in anyway. Prayers are with y’all.

1 Like

Thunderstorm just hit my city. My family was running in the rain from the car to our front door and - CRACK!!! - a massive bolt of lightning hit within 2 blocks of our house. My four-year old kid flipped out.
:zap::zap::zap:

3 Likes

Wow. That is one gorgeous garden!!

Possibly a little over set. This might give fruitnut nightmares.

Uploading…

6 Likes

Dorsett Golden apple back in bloom for season two.

2 Likes

They look tasty. I notice a lot of people leave the half eaten fruit on the tree. Is that in hopes the pests continue eating the cut fruit rather than starting on a new one?

That never happens!

1 Like