2017 Carmine Jewell Cherries! Wow almost ripe!

Not to mention that pie dough is half shortening or butter.

2 Likes

Not I am overweight, I am on size zero for the past 15 years. But if I don’t watch what I eat, my size will go up really soon and much harder to come down. I much prefer to get sugar/grease in nature way, through eating real fruits, or through drinking whole milk or eating meat. The less processed food, the better for me.

2 Likes

That and the sugar does concern me but I do succumb to unhealthy pleasures occasionally. :smiley:

3 Likes

I have never let mine get very dark. I feel I’m on a race with the flies. I should have cut mine back last year and the tall full bush is covered with cherries which are mostly smaller so more work to pit for the same weight of pitted fruit. I haven’t seen a worm yet this year but I have certainly seen a lot of flies. Maybe today I’ll see a worm. I read five to nine days to hatch after eggs deposited. I’ve frozen 7 pitted quarts so far. I started earlier to spread out the pitting work. I’m finding them quite good to eat and am not sorry I started early. How do you juice your cherries.

2 Likes

I eat most of my sour cherries fresh now. The rest I freeze it for juice late

3 Likes