2023 Bareroot

Mine came yesterday 1.7.23 from Bay Laurel nursery.
Splash Pluot, Stanley plum, Sweet Treat Pluerry. 2 in 1 Sprite, Deligh cherry plum.

8 Likes

I grafted this to rootstock last year, but I lost sprite and will need to redo it next year when a new suitable location emerges.

Good luck. Cherry plums are delicious!

5 Likes

Hi Jason @fletcherfarm
I don’t have much grafting skill. So I bought it 2 in 1
The Sprite is bigger on the main trunk, and the Delight is small branch grafting together. I couldn’t find much any report on them yet. Just know they easy fruiting and the quality not too excellent. Some websites say they are hybrid plum and Raintree say just come with the name cherry plum not the hybrid one. Hopefully they will fruit well in next a few years. Have you ever tasted them yet?
thank for your comment. Vincent

1 Like

@fletcherfarm
Welcome!

@Vincent_8B
2 decades ago I had inventory of both Sprite and Delight, plus other fruit trees from Dave Wilson and other suppliers. I would always seek out the fruits when they were in season.

3 Likes

Just arrived here in Vista CA from One Green World:

2 Persian Mulberry
2 Persian White Mulberry
2 large caliper Sprite Plum

6 Likes

got 3 jujube, it’s too early to plant out. in loose in a 20gal pot until the ground warms up I guess.

3 Likes

This week I received the following apple bareroot trees from Trees Of Antiquity and was able to get them planted. Still awaiting the shipping of another 20 varieties to add to the collection this year.

• Mountain Rose (Airlie Red Flesh)
  • Gold Rush
  • Esopus Spitzenburg
  • Hooples Antique Gold
  • Grimes Golden
  • Katharine
  • Kids Orange Red
  • Wickson
  • Hawaii
  • Spigold

10 Likes

Last week after the big rain hit CA, I was within a few miles of their farm in Paso Robles on San Marcos Rd. The road was closed to through traffic and I could see the creek that flows down the middle of their property had swollen way over its banks before dumping into the Salinas river. Hopefully everything is ok at the farm.

3 Likes

New peach and nectarine trees…

Ju Hong nashi and Rouge Cot apricot trees

7 Likes

This year I purchased a 4n1 plum (Methley, Beauty, Burgandy, and Golden Nectar), 3n1 peach (Q-1-8, Frost, and Indian free), and an Arctic Glo nectarine (as I could not find any arctic star). All on Citation, and all from Miller Farms Nursery, who sources from DWN. Very excited to keep growing my small home orchard.

5 Likes

I lived in McKinleyville for a few years in the 80’s, when the Lighthouse Grill in Trinidad was a dinner house on a back road in the hills east of town.

2 Likes

You know the beauty of Humboldt then. That’s great!

I know just the spot. MUCH different now, of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Snack Time Nectarine on Krymsk 86
Peaceful Valley Nursery Supply (Groworganic.com) in Grass Valley, Ca

4 Likes

Honey Halo Nectarine on krymsk 86
Also from Peaceful Valley/GrowOrganic

3 Likes

Reka blueberry
Also from Peaceful Valley/GrowOrganic

3 Likes

Picked up Rio Oso Gem Peach, Warren Pear, and Moorpark Apricot from Trees of Antiquity today.

8 Likes

Thanks for including your boys in the planting. That’s how I got started!

1 Like

@Richard

Very good choices Is it worth it to grow the Warren pear

3 Likes

Arctic Sprite nectarine, purple asparagus, and bareroot selection at Morris Nursery in Riverbank, Ca

3 Likes

Noir de Bourgogne black currant, Rovada red currant, Bar-Le-Duc white currant, and Ken’s Red Hardy kiwi (not bareroot) from OGW.

2 Likes