2023 Garden Plans

Update to Katie’s patio. Giant toad moved in during the night and refuses to leave. More at 11.

5 Likes

I returned one dead Hood pear today to Home Depot, what that means is I have room for another green gage. Maybe Jefferson, does anybody grow this variety.

1 Like

I planted too many eggplants this year, I already know it. I’m the only one that likes them.

finished plans:

trees are in, grafts are done.

winecap bed back by the corner of the porch where it’s shaded and damp.

melon patch in front of the shed. hoophouse comes down next week. then to put in the greenhouse

mound beds done and built, and planted. most stuff is planted out now except the warmest weather crops.

front, weeded, trees in, sunflowers and some wildflower seed out. pumpkins go out front this year.

the side is a whole mess that will take several days and I can’t tackle it until a chip drop comes. I have a plan to tackle the devil strip out front this year; gonna deturf it, level it, throw on soil conditioner, and plant in every tulip and day lily and hyacinth and daffodil and such, plus some mint, into it. it’s a concrete coffin, nothing escapes it, most everything dies in it. it’s killed mint and Jerusalem artichokes and every kind of wildflower I’ve tried. it’s gotta get scraped to get started and it takes work. and I’m already tired.

I grow eggplant for fun, but I don’t eat a lot of it, maybe 1 or 2 per year. My mom used to say they are nothing but trouble health wise, maybe the nutritionist is saying the same.
However, my husband likes aubergine, another name for eggplant for Brits.

1 Like