Any good dwarf peach varieties

ahh yes. i see it in the grain structure. it ages nicely. not much of it here.

You seem to be fallowing me in fruit selections based on your posts I have seen OP. You mentioned cherries yesterday and those were the first fruit trees I got. In j=January 2021 I was searching for dwarf peach trees and posted pretty much this exact topic on these forums. The just of what I found out was that there has not been a dwarf rootstock formed for peaches or nectarines so far. All peaches/nectarines have a short life in the field of farming at 8-12 years even on a standard peach/nectarine rootstock and by years 20-25 you are getting the tree removed. Basically dwarf rootstocks all had them suffer a quick death in trials. When someone is stating they have peaches or nectarines they mean they have it on semi dwarf rootstock which still gets quite large or they have genetic dwarf trees. Genetic dwarf trees are not genetically modified as you asked above. No genetically modified plants or seeds are sold to the public. The genetic dwarf peaches are dwarfing because their nodes are so close together. Since the nodes are so close together you get a 5 foot tree on Lovell rootstock which is a standard size rootstock. It was also summarized in my post that is is significantly better to buy a regular rootstock and just grow it in a pot because that will naturally dwarf the tree anyway. The first post on which genetic dwarf peach tree to get literally said “none”. Basically if you are zone 7 and up like you say you are you can grow what is called a Necta Zee nectarine which tastes good but no genetic dwarf peaches will really compete with a regular peach. Honey Babe is likely the best tasting genetic dwarf peach but many still consider it inferior to normal peaches.

1 Like

I really appreciate the info, I will definitely take that in consideration in the future to what tree I get, what cherries do you have I have carmine jewel

I have a black gold, a Rainier, Utah Giant and have a White Gold on order for next year. First year I had a experience like you had with cherries. I had 5 cherry trees of 2 Utah giant, 2 Rainier and 1 Bing. I read that watering protects plant from cold so I think I overwatered them. All the the cherries leafed out but then the leaves turned brown and fell off. When I took the cherries out there was white stuff all over the roots so I think they got root rot. I also learned black gold is a later cherry to avoids frost more and would extend my season and white gold is super disease resistant so I decided to get those cherries while maintaining my two cherries that lived. I looked into the romance series and what I found is they are good tart cherries. I remember watching a video and the guy basically said if you are expecting a sweet cherry you will be disappointed but if you are expecting a tart cherry you will be quite satisfied.

1 Like

Haven’t tried my cherries yet hopefully this will be the year, it’s been about 5 years.