April 16, Zone 5b snow!

My fig trees and citrus trees are outside now. Figs have droopy leaves and am worried. Citrus looks OK.

1 Like

For us it is 36F so far

2 Likes

34F here (Worcester, MA). Don’t know how low it got overnight.

1 Like

Are you in Worcester? What part? I am on south side.

1 Like

Still snowing here. ~2" so far. I’m thrilled to be having all this moisture spread out over a couple days, instead of a torrential downpour.

Galinas, I am just West of Indian Lake.

1 Like

Galina,
About 3” here. The second pic was taken at 8 am.
The first was taken 2-3 hours later.

1 Like

Nice area. What do you grow?

I grow citrus trees, fig trees, currants, gooseberries, vegetables & keep two beehives.

1 Like

In a green house? Citrus outdoor in Worcester will be a miracle.

1 Like

I bring citrus and figs indoors for the winter.

3 Likes

Oooof

1 Like

Wow! We’ve had some snow mixed in with the rain out here in the Pioneer Valley, but nothing sticking on the ground. Guessing they got some up in the hill towns, though.

2 Likes

I think it got as low as 34 F early this morning. I left several small potted figs and a few 5 gal apple rootstocks on the deck.

Apple seedlings should be OK. The figs may suffer as they are in much smaller pots.

2 Likes

Pioneer Valley? I could’ve sworn you were out in the Berkshires. I lived in Northampton many moons ago.

1 Like

Our low was 32.5 at about 10am in my orchard on the eastern side of the state.

3 Likes

Are we allowed to have beehives in Worcester?This city restricts everything

1 Like

I believe so. I used to know a guy who lives off Burncoat street in Worcester. He had bee hives in his backyard. He said he was a part of of a local beekeeping group.

I have not got in touch with him fora few years but I believe he still keeps those hives.

2 Likes

Yes we are allowed to keep bees. I believe there was talk some time ago about regulating beehives but that went nowhere.

1 Like

I wish they allow chickens!