Asian Pears Requirements

White Oak has 55 varieties of apple (5 different rootstocks), 16 peach, 2 nectarines, 6 Japanese plums, 2 European plums, 2 apricot, 11 sweet cherries, 2 tart cherries, 10 European pears, 8 types of shade trees, blueberries, grapes, kiwi, brambles, rhubarb, and strawberries. Great value. Call them for a catalog.

1 Like

Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears is the name of the place. They are a mail order company, but state they grow in Eastern PA soil @J.D .

2 Likes

From Ty Ty is a joke, correct?

Ty Ty must have seriously upped its quality, because I’ve ordered tons of persimmons, pawpaws and other “instant” orchard trees from them with not a single issue.

I’m glad to hear you’ve have good success with them and hope your experience does reflect an across-the-board improvement on their part.

1 Like

Call me a skeptic. When yo said “with not a single issue”, do you mean all the trees you ordered are growing well? or produce fruit that are true to their varieties?

Ty Ty has been so bad for so long. When you google it, there are even complaints from Better Business Bureau against this company!!! If they have made improvement, good for them. But there are so many reputable nurseries that I would recommend over this company.

For those who are new to this site, please use the Reference category and select Nursery List thread. List of reputable nurseries are there for you to peruse.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I found a local write up about them. Interesting that they are owned by a local electronics manufacturer. It also appears that at one time they had something to do with the orchard in Germanville that I had mentioned. Too bad that they have no local sales or farm tours. Thanks again.

1 Like

@mamuang I understand your skepticism trust me I’ve dealt with my fair share of nonsense from some vendors I won’t mention here. But to answer your question bluntly, yes everything I’ve ordered has been true to type (as far as I’m aware, the pawpaws I have are vastly different as well as the persimmons). All have fruited, have grown well and I’m not one to do shameless plugs for companies. Use the internet as you see fit, buyer beware at all times. Just happened to be my experience with that company, as well as Willis Orchards. I will state however, that I grow plants professionally and for profit. It may be differences in professional growing and hobbyist level. Not to sound cocky there, but I’ve brought things back from the dead :zombie:‍♂ before and happen to have a green thumb.

I’ll also say I’ve gotten one persimmon from them at IO size that came rough, but I had them force ship it to me in the middle of 90* weather. That persimmon came back resilient the following year despite the heat damage, which was entirely my fault.

Sidenote: One of my best Haskap suppliers has complaints against them from the BBB. I’m not quick to judge considering I’ve gotten trash from big suppliers such as Gurneys and Stark Bros.

Interesting @J.D thanks for sharing the info. Darn shame though they don’t have any local tours. My folks mentioned it to me awhile back, I’ll have to relate that information back to them.

1 Like

Good to hear a positive about this nursery. I’ve been around for a while. Usually, it’s the opposite.

2 Likes

Do you have a link to White Oak? I’ve tried googling “White Oak Nursery” and I get a garden center in Cincinnati and a nursery in NY that only grows natives. I tried googling “White Oak Nursery asian pear” and my top three results are Burnt ridge, Stark bros, and this thread. Thanks

Since they are Amish, they are a low-tech operation and do not have a web page. You have to call (717-687-8884) for a catalog.

2 Likes

Do you know if they ship or just local sales only?

They do ship.

Thank you

Do you know the name the name of the pear farm in Allentown Pa I’m not far from there. TIA

Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears is the name of the place but one of the other members said its no longer operational…