Avaunt now acceptable for home use?

Alan,
Sorry to hear about your injury. Wish the wound heals quickly.

1 Like

Thanks, both of you. I just dressed the wound it it appears to be healing fine. I bet I feel better tomorrow.

If either of you are at a home depot, check the hand brush and root ax made by Fiskars. You won’t believe how dangerous the thing is just by looking at it. DO NOT USE IT FOR CHOPPING IRONWOOD or other very hard wood. When I went to try it out, my intention was to test it on roots which would be less dangerous. I got distracted by some brush I didn’t want to be there. The ironwood won that battle.

I have a great Swedish brush ax that is a much safer and more effective tool for the purpose of cutting brush.

1 Like

I apologize for the joke at the wrong time. I hope your injury heals soon.

2 Likes

I wan’t actually annoyed with you, just my situation. I know you were only trying to cheer me up with humor.

It’s important not to be too judgmental when interacting via the internet- too many essential components of communication are absent. It is easy to be offended when no offense was intended, but this forum does a fine job of keeping harmony. Must partially be our trees that mellow us.

Thanks.

By the way, I already feel better this morning and am hobbling like a 70 year old man instead of a 90 year old one.

2 Likes

Alan, I’m sorry my friend you suffered such a painful accident. If it’s any consolation, when I read your account it made me laugh. Not at your misfortune, but the way you wrote it.

I’m sure you’ve heard it but your writing reminded me a bit of the bricklayers song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxaCfJfw6AY

No, Olpea, I had never heard the song and think it is sadistic and cruel of you to send it to me.

Ha Ha, just kidding. It is hilarious (at least the brick layer wasn’t singing it). Best get well card ever!

1 Like

We have our own “Forest Baths”

Mike

http://www.shinrin-yoku.org/shinrin-yoku.html

Maybe that’s why farmers live so much longer and healthier than the general public. Here I thought it was the special pesticide health supplements that come with the job- pesticide showers!

1 Like

@alan

May still be true😀.

Maybe we need a controlled study .

1000 big city dwellers take pesticide showers and see the results against the general population.

I, personally, would design the study to use 1000 politicians but don’t want to take the chance that they might live longer. :grinning::grin::grin::grin:

Mike