Be Aware seedk.com The Bell Seeds Company is not based in the US, they take your money and pretend they did not get it

Be careful dealing with Seedk.com The website looks like the are based in the US or Canada. They let you complete the order, but never ask for payment once you complete the purchase they send you an email demanding payment. They tell you they are not based in the US and that they only deal with big businesses but that they will make an exception so you can’t pay with CC or paypal only wire transfer. You send the wire because you think its legit but they claim they did not receive the money, and after 21 days they tell you that you made a minor misspell of their name and that is why they have not received the money even though the account number is right. Now I have to go through the Swift Recall process, might get very little back and pay the wire transfer and investigation fees. Be safe out there! and worst of all I’m not getting my seeds. :unamused: :unamused:Scammer Website

7 Likes

1st clue: the English is poor.
2nd clue: the names of the owners and the pictured customer service representative are Anglican but searching on the phone number, the company is located in Yunnan, China.
3rd clue: none of the pictured packaging has company labels.

2 Likes

Yes, I was so excited about all the selection. Also wire transfer is a No-no. I knew that, but for some reason, I let it slide this time. :pensive:
Hopefully, I can get some money back, my bank said I would.

1 Like

My Google search matched that first photo to a real estate agency. Interestingly it also came up under Wuhan Glory Co Ltd

1 Like

I’m glad they did not send the seeds. Maybe they would come from wuhan :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

You might have better luck with this thread.

Or fusion’s website Selectedplants.com - online sources of seed and plants

3 Likes

That’s a great List, Thank you!

1 Like

I need to update my seed and plant sources page. A few of those currently listed are no longer in business or have been taken over by someone who is unethical and does not sell true to type seed/plants. As always, caveat emptor!

1 Like

The fact that you have it in general is a better starting point than just searching the internet. Good to know there are some necessary changes.

1 Like