Best fungicide for brown rot

My Italian plums are dropping like rain!

2 Likes

Mine aren’t - yet

I’m switching to a combo product with pristine fungicide on the next spray

1 Like

I still believe Indar is the best for my orchard which is great, as 75% of the orchard is stone fruit. It works, but then Immunox still was good until more stone fruit found their way into my orchard. Finding a good sticker was harder to find and nu-film did the trick. I also had very good results with the bonide turbo sticker!

1 Like

Follow the label would be what I would do. Different fungicide has different efficacy. Fungicide does not need to be sprayed as often as Insecticie.

Also, when using fungicide and insectible, one needs to know its re-entry interval and pre harvest interval as well.

2 Likes

That link doesn’t work anymore for me.
I did go directly to http://cestanislaus.ucanr.edu/ and did a search for Saf-T-Side and found the articles.

1 Like

Around August, I’ll switch to Indar on the plums

1 Like

Does anyone have experience with the Luna series of fungicides. I normally use Indar and Pristine, but its time to buy more and the Luna look interesting.

1 Like

Is it costly and available in reasonable quantities?

1 Like

After lots of brown rot on my peaches last year, using only Captan, this year I alternated Captan and propiconazole (Bonide Infuse brand). Almost no brown rot despite a wetter summer than last year, about halfway through the harvest season. Applied approximately every 2 weeks beginning at bloom, with a sticker/spreader.

5 Likes