Black raspberries in October

How would you describe the “seediness” of Lynn’s Black or your other breeds, compared to Jewel, for eg? This is my first taste of black caps on a teeny Jewel floracane. It was quite small and seedy. Of course, the new primocanes are much more vigorous and stronger, so I’d guess the size and flavor to change next year. However, I wonder if the seed crunch is a common characteristic of black caps.

It’s a little better but still seedy. I will pay more attention as blacks are ripening. Oh Lynn’s Black is the last to ripen here. I had only one ripe so far. That is a flaw with the blacks, well the reds seeds have always bothered me the most, as they tend to be the perfect size to get stuck between your teeth! I remove seeds in my jams and syrups.

1 Like

I will be offering cuttings of this and Sterling Black.
PM me if you have any interest. Cuttings will be limited, so first come first serve. I need 5 bucks to cover costs of materials and postage.

1 Like

Here are some floricane berries of Lynn’s Black. Taken June of 2021

4 Likes

I sent you a PM on Ourfigs. My account is too new to PM here. Thanks!

1 Like

If you contacted me about obtaining Lynn’s black contact me again if still interested. I have only one extra. I have had bad luck with tip roots but I finally got a few, one left…

1 Like

I was in on the cutting trial a couple of years ago and would be happy to get a plant.

1 Like