Boreal Blizzard, Beauty & Beast - Who is selling them this year?

I have a vole that never leaves my vegetable garden. We tilled it a couple years back and somehow got one with the tiller - yuck.

1 Like

they stay in the nearby field in the summer and come in under the snow. in spring you can see their trails in the grass leading into my property. since baiting them i donā€™t see those trails anymore nor have i found a vole carcass. they must go underground to die.

1 Like

I went ahead and ordered Beauty, Beast and Blizzard - as well as Keiko and I got these. The leggy one is Beauty, it had a flower. Kinda tall! :slight_smile: The one in the pot is Keiko, it was bareroot.

1 Like

where you get them from Amy?

I got them from HBUSA :slight_smile:

1 Like

my aurora , arctic raspberries and cherries are from them. great plants.

1 Like

I noticed that they are for sale at Jungā€™s not sure if thats a good price? $17/per.

https://www.jungseed.com/category/652

Floramaxx is about 5.50 each for plugs.

2 Likes

I got a few hundred aurora from this place last spring.

Organic Aurora #1 Bare Root Cuttings 569262607 100 Cutting $2.60 $260.00
I planted them directly into rows and didnt have great survival with the bare root type, might have done better luck if I had potted them up for the summer and planted in the fall, if I had to do it over thats what I would have doneā€¦

Got some from JUNGā€™s nursery. Online/mailorder.

Restoringeden.co has several varieties. I live local and have gotten every variety they saleā€¦.very nice mature plants.

Pictures can be seen here

The one that is a straight stick essentially, Id cut that back to 4 to 6 nodes from the bottom to encourage it to grow more bushy, else youll end up with a unusual shaped plant. Do this when it is dormant and stick the cuttings in the ground, mostly buried but leave one node above ground and you might end up with some free bushes the following year as well.

Appreciate the advice!