Can Anyone Vouch For PlantMeGreen Nursery?

For anyone interested. Just received the four persimmons. Have to admit I am surprised and pleased. The plants were well packaged and good size healthy potted plants. Not sure about their bare root products but, I can recommend PlantMeGreen for their potted products. Well worth it. So far.

2 Likes

Good to hear, hope they work out for you in your location. From what I’ve read those are very good varieties. What’s the thickness of the trunks, height, etc? Got pics?

I’m wondering if I could get Asian persimmons to do well here, I’d be worried about winter dieback in this climate. We can get to single digits here, like the last couple years, in 2015 it got down to -14, but that seems to be the outlier winter.

@subdood_ky_z6b Pict. not quite as good as hoped. You can see the super thick box and the green plastic was secured tightly around each pot and they were moist. They are all between 2.5-3 feet tall. Guessing base thickness around quarter inch?

I am in 6b-7a. My climate is similar to yours and I have had several fuyu types that have done well here for about five years now. I think you would fare just as well as me.

1 Like

Thanks for the pic. Looks pretty good to me, and the fact it was free shipping makes it even more attractive.
I assume they are grafted? I wonder what rootstock?

Aren’t you further south than me, though? I’m up in NE Kentucky.

Just curious, but what are those trees on the hillside in the background?

I actually just came in from weeding a couple of my pear trees. But, since it was so soggy, I was pulling up a bit more sod than I wanted, so I stopped. It was cold and getting dark anyways, and my gloves were soaked, so I called it a day.

Free shipping and a 20% off discount code. I’m west of DC near the virginia/west virginia/maryland lines. One of the ones in the background is one of the persimmons I spoke of. Yeah, they are grafted onto american persimmon. They also had some potted pecans that I was considering but, those were not priced so cheap. It’s raining here too. Another advantage of those potted plants.

1 Like

Ok, you may actually be a bit more north than we are.

That should make them more hardy as well.