Can white appricots be grown in Virginia 7A zone?

Thanks

1. Sugar Pearls apricot was developed and patented by Rutgers, NJ. Also flat peach Wonderful is their product and I planted it in this March.
  2. As you are very experienced person can you tell anything about Shakerpareh apricot ?

You should click the link and check this out. Scott has all those hard to find white apricots and he lives in MD.

Where? Usually it is varieties out of the Canadian program or Rutgers that are recommended here for commercial growers, I believe.

I’ve never read a rec for that one coming from sources of info for commercial growers. Survival is one thing and productivity is another. Please let me know more of what you know about the variety.

Look through my list that Robert posted… I have grown many white apricots in Maryland. Nearly all do not pollinate well so are not worth growing. Sugar Pearls was the only exception and compared to the other white cots I found it lacking in flavor.

Here for example is Lasgerdi Mashaad:

Looking at all those blooms you think there would be a huge crop but I have never had more than half a dozen fruits. It will get topworked this spring if it does not set.

Shekar Pareh is a plumcot, it sets very well but is on the sour side.

I’m not sure the two moorparks are related. The wenatchee was bred for Seattle wet weather which works well for the east coast. I’ve had it for a while now and it has done great.