Cathay Quince (Chaenomeles cathayensis)

Still interested here

1 Like

For the Chaenomeles cathayensis × C. speciosa seedlings, let’s start up the distribution. If you’re ready to get some please pm me at your convenience. Priority will be given to active forum members who I can count on to stay in touch if they have any good feedback on the seedlings or further breeding from them.

@Roman1 Sorry, I have not saved any seeds for distribution.

Final call for shipping out C. cathayensis × C. speciosa hybrid seedlings. It’s getting warm here and they’re starting to wake up. I’ve still got quite a few more than I need to keep for further breeding. Please p.m. me if you are interested.

1 Like

Hi everybody. I just started a nursery with cuttings of a wide range of flowering quinces. Hope it will work. If so, I will tell you more later. Regards from Switzerland.

2 Likes

I just saw your post- so I missed shipping. Keep us up on how they do, the fruit sounds interesting.

Looking at them today, I think they’d still be fine to ship as long as they aren’t being sent somewhere they will be hit with a cold snap. They are budding out, but not yet leafy.

1 Like

For those of you who I sent hybrid seedlings too, I just realized I had a misprint on the tags I sent out with them. The seedlings are as I stated earlier in this thread a cross between C. cathayensis (seed parent) and C. speciosa ‘Toyo Nishiki’ (pollen parent). However I accidentally wrote on the tags that C. speciosa ‘Victory’ was the pollen parent. I apologize if anyone saw that on the tags and was confused.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification!