Cherry trees in New Jersey

I have three of them. None have fruited yet. Only my dark cherries are fruiting.

I am interested in Black York and Utah Giant. Your thought?

Other than advertising hype I do not know much about Utah Giant. Others on here like it, but they were on the west coast. Black York has been solid for me as far as disease and production. Fruits fast. Other than rot pretty good. It is nicknamed the east coast Bing. Bing is low on my fav list though. For the size of Utah Giant I would try it. I just put them in and find out. What good is it if it’s not what you want.

I had Utah Giant fruited for me last year. It was large and very good, better than black Gold and White Gold when compared them side by side.

I could be wrong, but it seems cherries are a little easier to control rot compare to other stones. Would you agree? Maybe early ripening not giving rot as much time?

Breaking News: My prok persimmon just arrived from JFE. Pretty thick cal, but only about two foot. 4gal pot.

1 Like

Not realky, I needed 3 sprays of Indar for cherries and 2 sperays on peaches before bagging,

Before I switched from myclobutanil to Indar, I got serious brown rot on cherries.

I’m using myclo now with some success. Is the Indar that much better?

Several of us who used to use myclo and switched to Indar have seen better results.