Copper sulfate/ early spray regimen

Thanks for saying that Martin, and I didn’t take it that way. I was being honest and sincere in saying I was jealous of your climate and lower pest pressures, as well as the fact you can grow many things I can’t!!! But the grass is always greener on the other side…I’m sure there are things I can grow that you can’t. But no matter the conditions, growing fruit is challenging and I’m sure you have issues there too. But its really nice of you to clarify that you weren’t being condescending of my use of chemicals-even though I didn’t take it that way.

@TrilobaTracker - for me, I’ve honestly never paid any attention to the time of day/sunlight for my dormant sprays and never noticed a problem or need to do so. That doesn’t mean I shouldn’t -I’m no expert- just letting you know my personal experience. To be honest, though, I also have sprayed most of my sprays in mid day sun even when trees are leafed out. I’ve read that it can be problematic but I’ve only felt like it was a problem one or two times and even then it was because I was trying to use a weak copper spray after leaf-out which is not wise anyway. That being said, its usually late day when i spray just because I tend to do other things first and spray late.

1 Like

If it is during dormancy, it does not matter much like Kevin said. I like to spray early so it will dry out during the day. I always try to avoid spraying if rain is forecast during the next 24 hours.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback y’all. I agree it doesn’t seem like full sun/midday dormant spraying would be an issue but wanted to play it safe.

I have some of that root killer that plumbers use and i just mix some crystals of it in a spray bottle with some water and spritz away. I’d have to look up the amounts i use. Never get peach leaf curl.

1 Like

That is the Cu(So4), just in less pure form. You can use it mix with lime to make Bordeaux spray

1 Like