Does anyone grow roses?

Hey all,

I’m looking at ordering several climbing roses online for the first time. I’ve narrowed down the vendors to Chamblee Roses or High Country Roses. Both have very good ratings on GW.

Has anyone ordered from either of these companies? Any recommendations for good climbers for a fence? I’d like to get good rebloomers, and good fragrance, if possible.

Thanks!

Scent From Above.

1 Like

Don Juan have done very well for me.

My wife is the one who buys the roses and she says she likes Chamblee.

2 Likes

Cecile Bruner, Joseph’s Coat, and Old Blush have done
well for me. Chamblee’s is very good.

2 Likes

My wife likes “Morden Blush” shrub rose. . It’s hardy and manages our temperature swings well, has a beautiful bloom, and will continue blooming all season if deadheaded. Ours has done well for years with no special attention.

Morden Blush Rose - Hardy - Lightly Fragrant (not an endorsement of the company- just liked their picture!)

My wife took this photo of ours:

5700449_84812db2b4fa830822fa81f66555be34

1 Like

Beautiful roses!

Rob I don’t know how well they’d do in your climate- guess I shoulda looked at your post a little closer- and they’re not climbers either. So I’ve struck out on paying attention tonight!

We do have a couple of climbers, not sure you’d want them. They’re terrible suckers and hard to manage, single blooms, and only good for a short time. Impressive enough in their time, though.