Douglas Pear

I’ll snap a photo tomorrow. The Douglas tree has been getting a lot of traffic from pollinators but I haven’t seen as many visiting the other two trees yet. I’m starting to feel optimistic about getting some pears this year!

1 Like

I took this photo today but the tree looks less impressive than yesterday. Still a fair amount of blooms but it’s no longer draped in flowers. I guess it’s starting to wind down.

Also snapped some photos of the Dewdrop and Sunrise blooms.

4 Likes

@kypros

Those look great! Hope it will be a good year for fruit for you!

1 Like

I think i better go check my douglas soon.

Douglas are ripening late again this year

Any other varieties with similar characteristics to Douglas? A tree at the house we bought has all the same features and fruits in time with Bosc. It’s very tall/vertical and bears well. The seeds are mostly deep enough in the fruit to avoid being hit by the codling moth.

1 Like

@Oolie

Some pictures of it might help users identify it. Nothing comes to mind yet that tastes like douglas and isn’t. Both fruit and leaves pictures please. Douglas is uniquely flavored.

This is the tree. There are a couple blight strikes this year, not too bad, the fruit looks like the photos posted, but I will dig a few up to share.

It’s like a jucier bartlett with more acid. It’s phenomenal with sharp cheese.

2 Likes