Faster way to make applesauce

I wouldn’t see why not. If I could get my hands on some around here, I’d give it a whirl.

I just bought the attachment like yours for my meat grinder. Put it to the test immediately. I see the light. Works like a charm. Just a little cook to heat it up for canning. Can’t seem to find any different size screens for mine though.

1 Like

I have several of these that I use:

Then I use this:

Then if I want to make apple butter, I use this for about 4 hours on low (stirring periodically, be careful using this method):

I make jelly with the juice or can sliced peaches in it (divine). I use this method for tomato sauce as well and use the juice to replace water when canning dry beans (excellent).

1 Like

@JVD

Looks very good. Nice job on the equipment! This is another company that sells quality

2 Likes

They seem to only make one size screen for the food mill, and I was nervous a tomato screen would be too fine, but it turned out perfect.

@FarmGirl-Z6A Does that steam juicer work on all fruit? Is it easier than a press? I have a big press, but that thing takes some real power to crank it down hard enough.

1 Like

Yes, I use it for all types of fruits. You can control how soft you want the fruit and how much juice you want to extract. The more juice you extract the dryer your pulp will be, however the more juice you extract the more natural sugar is extracted from the apple so your pulp won’t be as sweet.