Fertilizing Schedules

I perfectly understand your argument, but it’s still a different
ball game down here. Schedules and recommendations vary
widely from locale to locale. There’s no one formula that works
everywhere.

1 Like

I’m not arguing against that- ;I’m really just expanding on your point as much as challenging it, but to your specific issue, I would certainly look at guidelines provided by a university in my own region first. Cornell and UC Davis just happen to be really good, but not uniquely so.

If you check out the link I provided you will see how much application recommendations would vary even within a single state and how useful it can be to just study the growth of your trees to determine how to fertilize them.

Not sure this is the right place for this post, so excuse me if it’s not.

I have seen many references to chemical treatments for all sorts of deficiencies or ailments. For those who are not organic, perhaps watch this fascinating interview.

@Bernie4253
It is an error to believe that organic pesticides and fertilizers are distinct from chemical treatments. Pyrethrin and Sul-Po-Mag are two of many examples. Both are isolated in chemical factories before being sold to consumers and farmers alike.

@Richard . Of course you’re right. I’m organic in the sense that I don’t use anything other than ‘teas’ made from nettle and comfrey, or compost made from things that have grown in my own garden. I also use some horse manure from a source where I know the fields are not sprayed and no anti-biotics are used.

“Organic “ is also not synonymous with “benign”

Just because something is derived from the bark of a tree in Africa doesn’t mean you ought to eat it.

3 Likes