Good sticker available in small quantity?

Gardens alive has a sticker spreader, http://www.gardensalive.com/product/weather-shield-spreader-sticker/insect-control

I know they mostly sell organic products which is why I looked at them, but they don’t say what the main ingredient is! Might be worth a try, though, for those who want an organic option.

Also, found this available as a quart for $20. Says it contains saponins (soap-like chemicals from plants) from the yucca plant and is OMRI certified. Not many reviews, it the few I can find are positive. I think I might give that a shot with its comparatively lower price point and smaller size compared to something like nu-film.

http://www.7springsfarm.com/thermx-70-natural-wetting-agent-1-quart/

1 Like

If you want a pint of Nufilm just PM me, I have a full gallon of it now (just finished the first gallon, ten years after buying). I owe you one anyway after that neem disaster on your apple trunks!

Hey Scott, thanks for the offer. Don’t feel bad about the neem - it was something that worked for you and others, and most advice doesn’t come with a warranty! It is great to have a place to share information like this about both positive and negative results.

Is this the chemical in the organic product too? Any idea what they use in the EU?

As far as I know, the akyl aryl polyethoxylates it can’t be organic because they are synthetic compounds. I have no idea what they use in the EU. It might just be that specific classes or compounds are restricted there. The nonylphenol ethoxylates (one is used as a spermicide) were the major ones I found that are likely restricted in Europe and generally have been removed from products in the US.

Nu Film and Pinene II (generic NuFilm, I gather) products are some sort of polymerized extract of pine resin.

Bonide’s Wilt-Stop product and Pinene II have exactly the same Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) number in their MSDS, which is generally given to a specific chemical. They are likely to be the same product. This is consistent with the fact that Bonide essentially mixes and resells other products as RTU and home-use concentrations. Some of Bonide’s labels say “includes X product” e.g. Cueva (Cu-soap) or Pristine fungicide.

I submit that if you want to use Nu Film/Pinene as a spreader-sticker, you could buy Bonide Wilt-Stop concentrate and use 4 tsp for every 1 tsp of Nu Film 17 specified (Wilt-Stop concentrate is 25% AI).

So would it be that Wilt-Stop is preferable to Turbo?

Here is the best description of Nu Film products I have seen yet.