Happy Memorial Day

Let’s all say a special prayer for all of our countrymen and women, who made the ultimate sacrifice, so that we can be free and do all of the things we do and take for granted.
May these HEROES rest in peace, and may perpetual light shine upon them…

8 Likes

Last night I read this post from @Drew51 Seeds in Blackberries thread. in the . It reminded me of the very personal toll this day is dedicated to memorializing, and thus thanking in a small way, those who gave so much.

" most of the men in my family live well into the 90’s. My dad only lived to 86, he though was a POW in WWII for 3 years, 4 months, He was in Japan, a survivor of the Baaton Death March. During that time he lost his teeth to malnutrition, had berry berry, scurvy, a tape worm, and malaria. It shortened his life I believe. He was one tough guy, went on to fight in Korea too. Came home and married my mother. Got a job at Fords after 23 years in the military. Passed in 2003, my mom passed in 1986. I miss them a lot."

Thanks, that was nice. I was lucky, I had a great mentor, a great dad. A little correction, I always forget, he was a MIA/POW, not till he was liberated did my family know he was still alive. So for over three years they hoped and prayed.
I always thank anybody in the military.
Drew

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.”
–George S. Patton

1 Like

Great sentiments in this thread. Thanks to all past and present who serve.

Amen !!!

I can’t say enough to thank all who have fought and died or survived to defend our country or do their duty in war. A salute to the men and woman in the service today!