Help control Yellow Jackets

I had gotten rid of the yellowjacks a few weeks ago but now they are back. 5 inches of rain didn’t bother them.
Now coke with boric acid hopefully will be brought back to the nest I didn’t find.

1 Like

We find yellow jacket nest in our yard late summer early fall … not every year but quite often…

I have a 20’ long frog gig handle… and duck tape a old pint jar to it… fill 3/4 with gas… reach it out to the nest entrance and pour it down the hole…

Then rubber band a paper towel to the other end… lite it and then move that to the hole.

Poof… roasted yellow jackets.

2 Likes

After dark you can just walk up and pour it in… The “poof” is more visible at night too :wink:

We’ve either found, or remains after a skunk had taken care of them for us, 10 nests in our front/back yards and orchard area. Our neighbor mentioned having some nests this week and I went down and took care of 5 for him. They’re more prevalent this year than any in quite a few…

Water+Fipronil in a hand pump sprayer adjusted to spit out a thin stream. During the day while they’re coming and going I just walk up and spray in maybe half a pint. By the next day, or the following, they are no more.

Sevin dust will wipe them out in a few hours. The only time I use Sevin dust is to put it on Yellowjacket nests. It wipes out any bees, including honey bees, so be careful. Get a good amount right in the entrance and they are done. They get coated in the dust and track it deep into the nest. I learned this from an old exterminator. This nest stung me in the morning and were gone by the evening

1 Like

The Sevin dust does work well. I had a nest inside the eaves soffit with a small 1/4 opening being use for their entrance. I blew in Sevin dust using an air pump at night and covered the entrance with duct tape. Two days later I removed the tape and zero yellowjacket came out.

1 Like