How is your weather? (Part 1)

After the weekend’s 5" snow melted, I found an inch of water in my rain tube. That’s wet snow

1 Like

my sons in Yuma, AZ . said its hotter than hades down there!

got 4 days of rain coming. rivers are broke up. some ice jams but not much flooding. this rain is going to really put a dent in whats left of the snow. lots of snow damage to my trees and bushes. won’t be getting much for a blueberry crop again this year. wish they had a low bush that produced as well as med. and high bush. low bush doesn’t get snow damage.

Looks like some of that heat blows up into these parts late weekend…NWS says this could be a top 10 warmest Easter… strange stuff… back towards reality by Monday/Tues…and rain

a tidbit:
This will be the first time since 1957 that Easter has fallen on
April 21. Since 1873, it has fallen on this date 5 times (1878,
1889, 1935, 1946, and 1957). The next time it will fall on April
21 will be 2030.

2 Likes

Mid 50s on the way to the 60s today. 70s or close to it tomorrow. Way too warm way too soon for me.

1 Like

82 yesterday in Berea, KY. Tomorrow around 45 for high! Can’t make it s mind up between cold or hot.
Light rain, around 60, rain blowing from east at least at the surface.

1 Like

I hear you… i’d love weeks and weeks of mid 60Fs to low 70Fs…but that seems to never happen. Averages around here are made from 80Fs and 40Fs…

1 Like

Wow…hot days and cool nights…those are about the best you can have. Could almost sneak by with no AC in that weather. Reminds me of Colorado in summer.

61F here… very dry air in place.

2 Likes

Exactly what makes this area one of the top wine growing regions. And you’re right about AC. We only turn it on just before bed, as the stucco keeps the house very cool through most of the day. And no bugs, humidity, or rain for 6 months to boot lol. Yes, we are pretty blessed with climate. If we could just get our housing costs’ under control :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was quite stormy in your area earlier today, with tornado warnings and the like. Was it bad at your place?

Cool and cloudy here about 60, quite a change from yesterday, about 82 and windy. Supposed to be only 50 tomorrow, with a few showers.

Mid 60s today and a low around 40 tonight. I got my trees sprayed with dormant oil and copper today. Spring must be coming…

1 Like

raining until thurs. will be spraying after.

1 Like

Got up to 65f…without the breeze it would have been almost A+…i’ll rate solid A day …

tomorrow we’ll shoot for the A+
Sunny, with a high near 71. Southeast wind 3 to 7 mph.

Lot of bud movement but nothing flowering yet… Saw my first bumblee bee today.

2 Likes

Forecast calling for 75 today. That will obviously feel great, but it is far from great for planting a few hundred evergreens. I think I’ll let them sit in the shade on the north side of the house for now instead. I fear this warm stretch is going to get the fruit trees going.

72 and partly cloudy for N. Utah today, but down to a high of 53 with rain tomorrow. Our snowpack is looking amazingly good after years of drought.

3 Likes

Extended looks very spring likes…lots of 60fs and 70fs…

1 Like

It has me thinking of putting my tomatoes in the ground

1 Like

I put my artichokes in the ground (raised bed/south facing)… I also am very tempted to put some sunflowers out…if they don’t make it…oh well.

72F right now…a little more wind then i thought. Still calling for 81F tomorrow…first 80F for me.

72 in Wisconsin and 44 all day in Kentucky…something wrong with that ….

2 Likes