How is your weather? (Part 1)

One day w/o rain, the next day another inch

1 Like

This is Washington. Dont like the weather? Wait a minute, it will change.

This week lows about 50Ā°F, and highs 73-79Ā°.

Other than the usual leaf problems on my raspberry and some varieties of strawberries, no problem with diseases on any veggies, vines, or trees. They have all greened up, except for the 2 peppers. They look slightly yellowish.

I seen a few slugs, they like to leave happy slime trails in my garden. That is my worst pest, wish they were eliminated. I have holes in some leaves I cannot find any signs of bugs though. The only bugs all over my yard are spiders and baby ladybugs.

The past two days have been rainfree, and mildly warm. You will feel good with or without a sweater on, and can work in the yard a substantial time without being cold or getting heatstrokeā€¦in other words ideal gardening weather and I am taking advantage of that!

1 Like

87 today, 67 tomorrow. Tomorrow is more to my liking

1 Like

Been raining just about all day here, thought we were just in for some scattered showers, but itā€™s been steady. Might get another inch today before itā€™s done.

It figures after we planted out all the tomatoes on Monday, that we get all this rain now, have seen it too many times before. Glad I got them mulched before all this hit, or theyā€™d be a muddy gom now. Guess I wonā€™t be doing any mowing for a few days.

88F at 3pmā€¦ still hazy from the smoke. Cold front trying to push into N MNā€¦ Cool this morning across Canadaā€¦lots of 30Fs and 40Fsā€¦that will feel nice come Sunday morning.

Just head over by the lake! I love Grand Marias in late spring/early summerā€¦ be a good place to grow cool season crops.

grandmmay31
Not that far as the crow fliesā€¦
minnapolismay31

3 Likes

I used to love Grand Marais. The last time we were there it was just full of people from the Metro. Not my kinda people. The climate is nice in the summer though.

I had a shop teacher in high school that was from there. Any lake wind and the temp drops like a stone.

Pre air conditioningā€¦if i was a rich industrialist in Chicagoā€¦iā€™d have a summer home along the lake Superiorā€¦

Frost advisory out for NE corner of MNā€¦ should be very nice sleeping weatherā€“40Fs around here the next few nights! Pattern looks great the next week.

2 Likes

got down to 34f last night. no frost though. the one we had earlier in the week burnt 60% of the just opening leaves on my new northrop mulberry but didnā€™t hurt the small leaves on my adirondack gold apricot or anything else that was leafed out. the lower half of the tree is just starting to leaf out now. hopefully no more frosts until this tree gets climatized here.

1 Like

Looks like International Falls, MN dropped to 32F this morningā€¦plenty of cold still across S Canada and the border region.

We did hit 90F yesterdayā€¦1st time this yearā€¦doesnā€™t look to be near that for some time.

still only 2 days it cracked 70ā€™s still in upper 50ā€™s low 60ā€™s no complaints here as long as the sun is out!

Low 70Fs here but with the sun it is still very warm.

Weeding my strawberry bed. Tons of flowers. Lots of fruit set all ready. Also a lot of runners going everywhere. Iā€™m going to need to net it very soon.

My son picked up the toad that has been living by our pond. My wife says she saw a frog swimming in thereā€¦so lots of wildlife. I repotted all my lily pads. No fish in the pond but we have a bunch of extra snails in our aquarium i might put in there to eat the algae. Those things breed like crazy.

From beautiful to overcast.

get some mosquitofish to eat the mosquito larvae in there. :wink:

Rain in the morning, rain and hail in the afternoon. Not many dry days in the May, may be the same in JunešŸ˜©

Thank goodness. All this water has other downsides. There is a small pond created by the erosion fence in the lot next door. It is drawing vermin. I had my first deer strike on my trees last week and scared another off the lot this evening. The water draws them in. I was hoping not to need fence around all my trees in this new spot, alas it is not to be.

Nice, warm summer day here. Filtered sun from the wildfires in Alberta. The sun was very red this evening from the smoke.

Forecast for tonight is 37F and weā€™re usually 3-4 degrees below that. Looks like a second year that my pepper plants will be stunted by cold. I havenā€™t even planted the big garden yet.

1 Like

me neither. my peppers are in the greenhouse now for 4 days and arenā€™t looking to happy. weā€™ve only had 2 days it barely cracked 70f. nothing but showers and mid 50ā€™s in the 7 day.

Lots of sun and 70s/80s in the ten day. My wife got the garden in over the weekend. Should have been good timing.

My tomatoes finally look good. Cool this morning but 70Fs now. Nice week but maybe a tad warmā€¦Should get thru the week without acā€¦overnight lows look to hang between 58F and 62Fā€¦so maybe just a fan or 3 should do.

1 Like