How is your weather? (Part 1)

I am happy with the weather now. Little hot in daytime but nice and cool at night

1 Like

im glad i started mine indoors or i wouldn’t have any peppers this summer.

The corn around here east of St. Paul looks great. It had started to curl a bit, but then we got some significant rain last week, so it is shoulder high now. I have been harvesting peppers for a while, but I started them inside back in February, which was really overkill. Those recent rains were wonderful, as lawns were turning brown and gardens wilting before that. My early planting of sweet corn germinated very sparsely due to cold, but the later planting looks great.

I did as well, but they haven’t been happy with the weather since I planted them out. I even went back to planting them in a 4’ wide row covered with black landscape fabric to boost the soil heat, and they’re still lagging. I didn’t get anything planted in the veg garden until mid-June this year, my corn still isn’t “knee high”.

1 Like

thats when i planted. i have my peppers in pots in the greenhouse so that has helped protect them some at night. we have been in the upper 40’s low 50’s. daytime has been mid 70’s for the most part. my brother tried planting his garden in early june but most of the seeds rotted.

1 Like

I drove past numerous corn fields today that weren’t even calf high. About the tallest corn I’ve seen would be between knee and hip high, and fields that far along are few and far between.

1 Like

Wet, hot…

We have3 days of rain.
In July.

been perfect growing weather so far this month. low/ mid 70’s with occasional showers coming thru to keep the plants watered.

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

83F today and then summer comes roaring back. 90F Fri/Sat/Sun and 93F Monday… but the REAL heat shows up on the EURO at day 9 (week from this weekend)… holy cakes… get your ACs ready. Can i finally see 100F in my backyard? Probably looking at this.

3 Likes

Looks dry, too

3 Likes

A HURRICANE WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT FOR THE COAST OF LOUISIANA
FROM INTRACOASTAL CITY TO GRAND ISLE.

1 Like

This means that the storm track will follow the Mississippi River for days. The rain it dumps through next week will still find its way back to areas that have already been dealing with flooding. More will assume that the lack of the hurricane designation in the forecast will mean that danger has passed, but trouble could be ongoing for a long while yet.

3 Likes
1 Like

92F/68F…heat index around 96F… looks like we go for a nice streak of 90F or better the next week or so. It warms (at least 850s do) as we go into late week…so better shot at mid 90Fs or that elusive 100F mark.

it has been above 60F every hour this month…go back to June 22nd when it was 57F to find a cool night.

1 Like

Watering constantly

2 Likes

Low 90fs here but lots of clouds betweeen some sun and it was also windy. Dew points still aren’t crazy high (right around 70F)…low this morning was 78F so that is the warmest overnight this year.

112F in Phoenix this afternoon.

Heavy rain/storms/flooding across Minneapolis and eastward into Wisconsin…that doesn’t make it this far south looking at the models.

My artichokes today…

They seem small? Oh…and the broccoli NEVER formed heads…it is still growing but i don’t think 90F and humid is good for them?

2 Likes